ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

5/8 Puma 1938.

macrob

Producer/ Dealer
Hello.

Finished at last. Not honed yet.
Before.

puma2.jpg

puma.jpg

After.

100_4120.jpg

100B4150.jpg

100B4130.jpg

Regards.
Maciek.

In my oppinion excellent polishing job on the blade especially if we consider lots of etching that is preserved after the polishing. Which set up did you use to polish the blade?

Hand sanding up to 2000 grit. Polishing compounds on felt wheels, 100,200,600,1500.
Regards.
Maciek.

That's amazing ! :blink:

I don't understand how you managed to keep the gold etching whilst using which basically are very low grid polishing compounds :confused: Enlighten us please !

Or did you use some decent gold paint ?
Whatever you did, it's looking great :thumbup:

The blade is not etched its engraved. I used gold paint.:) Then i rubbed down excess of paint with soft cloth.
I'm amazed myself how it turned out to be honest with you.

macrob said:
I used gold paint.:) Then i rubbed down excess of paint with soft cloth.
I'm amazed myself how it turned out to be honest with you.

;) :thumbup:

That is very very well done! I truly admire how you managed to keep the etching/engraving intact.

A very fine job,thanks for showing it.

Darn,thats a good job...:thumbup:
In respect
Torbs

Very beautiful indeed my friend.I have used gold color in the past for other applications, not on razors.
You have to apply a coat of clear varnish on the gold, if not will be oxidized and darkened.
Best regards
Emmanuel

decraew said:
Hi Emmanuel, do you have any idea as to what type of paint & varnish best to use ?
'nks
w

Wim you will believe me? I bought a very small tin in Belgium.
I am on investigation to found the tin and the mark.
I ll keep you informed .Considering the varnish you can use every clear varnish soluble in nitre thinner.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Also, I'm assuming that's a new rubber grip on the tang. If so, please share how you made it.

Paul said:
Also, I'm assuming that's a new rubber grip on the tang. If so, please share how you made it.

Paul, you can buy those in different diameters on eBay. The original ones, ie with grooves, I haven't seen yet.

Emmanuel, thanks for your advise.
I used that paint. I decided to leave it as it is for now and if the paint will start oxidize i will re-apply it and i will put a coat of clear laquer on it.

I made a rubber tang out of those.Three tubes does the job.

decraew, what your saying is that rubber tangs for Puma 1938 are available on eBay ?

Regards.
Maciek.

Back