ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Added n°16 to the Vault

Bart

Gentlemen,

I added N°16's report.

What can I say? It's a La Veinette. Maurice at Ardennes Coticule told me the "secret" to identify them. La Veinette is a thin layer, just like that other excellent layer "La Petite Blanche". Those two held outstanding reputation for being among the most valuable layers during the heydays of Coticule mining. They get to only cut one hone out of that thin slice of Coticule, hence "La Veinette" is nearly always a natural combination hone. The BBW is often a pale purple one. Here comes the "secret": the BBW of a "La Veinette" can be recognized by the presence of small white lines showing up at the narrow side of the Blue. If you look at the full size picture of n°16, you can clearly see what I'm talking about.

So far, I have found the "La Veinettes" very easy going. I would recommend them to someone that want to get good results with all available methods without spending much time figuring out how to "read" the hone.

Cheers,
Bart.

Bart,

Thanks for the assessment of this stone. I was just wondering if anyone had claimed this stone yet. I know it hasn't gone back to Ardennes yet, but I would like to claim it now if that is possible. :) It's a gorgeous stone, and looks to be quite easy and reliable to use.

This is my first post on this site, but I am no stranger to razor honing and coticules. (I'm an active member of SRP, with the same screen name;) )

Thanks!

Hi Dave,
Welcome!

I've written your name in pencil on the surface of n°16.
I've done the same with n°12 for Ivan some time ago.

Once they are back at Ardennes and put up for sale, you'll be the first to make your claim. I hope to return to Ardennes halfway December, so you could have a hone under the Christmas Tree. :)

Hi Dave and welcome from me too
I am sure you will new your new Coti, these really are special stones, and Sir Bart has done wonderful work selecting and testing them

Bart said:
Hi Dave,
Welcome!

I've written your name in pencil on the surface of n°16.
I've done the same with n°12 for Ivan some time ago.

Once they are back at Ardennes and put up for sale, you'll be the first to make your claim. I hope to return to Ardennes halfway December, so you could have a hone under the Christmas Tree. :)

Awesome, thanks Bart!

I can't wait to get it, it looks very nice to use and I feel confident init since I know it's been thouroughly and properly tested. :)

tat2Ralfy said:
Hi Dave and welcome from me too
I am sure you will new your new Coti, these really are special stones, and Sir Bart has done wonderful work selecting and testing them

Oh I look forward to getting it, thanks. Soon enough I will be putting "home of the no. 16 coticule from the vault" in my signature line. :)

Bart,

Quick question: Do you have an idea of what this stone will cost? Don't worry, I'm not going to back out of it, I'm just curious as to what it will cost me. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Dave

Back