ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

any one reconize this layer

garyhaywood

i have sent bat a couple of pictures , if you could upload it for me bart, as i carn't.

at guess i think its a la drassante au blue, but i would like barts or any one elses opinion. its a great bbw/coti and turns out real good edges.

Of course mate:

kanayama009.jpg

kanayama008.jpg

Hi Gary, Do you feel those stripes at all? I have a very (very) fast bout (not combo) that also has similarly pronounced striping and it shakes the razor.

regards,
Torolf

TM280 said:
Hi Gary, Do you feel those stripes at all? I have a very (very) fast bout (not combo) that also has similarly pronounced striping and it shakes the razor.

regards,
Torolf

Hi torolf,
tbo no i don't, the surface has a nice draw and feels real nice and smooth but just a little draw.

this coti is also a very moderate cutter

It is a La Dressante au Bleu, indeed.

Torolf, look at Vault n°39. That one has stripes as well, and they cause differences in draw throughout the honing stroke. I think it might be the same as what you mean with "shakes" the razor. Regardless of that, n°39 worked just perfect.

Kind regards,
Bart.

thanxs bart, i thought it was . it is differant to my last one that i sold to criss, as in the surface is much darker . the way it joined the blue was the same that what made me think. and i no i say it cuts moderate but i would say it cut very moderate to slow but still does a great job. i just work on milky level a lot longer and it works great. while working on water its very soft and has a nice draw and seem to feel like there is a slight slurry still on the surface . thats just how it feels , there is no auto slurry visable . it does feel similar to my last one.

you can see the way my last one looks these are the pictures bart sent me. you can see the way they join.

Bart said:
It is a La Dressante au Bleu, indeed.

Torolf, look at Vault n°39. That one has stripes as well, and they cause differences in draw throughout the honing stroke. I think it might be the same as what you mean with "shakes" the razor. Regardless of that, n°39 worked just perfect.

Kind regards,
Bart.

bart if my hone was creating auto slurry. i take it i would clearly see slurry creating while honing?

look at Vault n°39. That one has stripes as well, and they cause differences in draw throughout the honing stroke. I think it might be the same as what you mean with "shakes" the razor. Regardless of that, n°39 worked just perfect.

Thanks for the tip, Bart. Sounds similar except for the speed. I have used it with good keenness results with water and dry, but not tried a full dilucot on it without slurry. I am a little suspicious that it may cause micro-chipping but haven't used it consistently enough to make sure one way or the other.

regards,
Torolf

TM280 said:
look at Vault n°39. That one has stripes as well, and they cause differences in draw throughout the honing stroke. I think it might be the same as what you mean with "shakes" the razor. Regardless of that, n°39 worked just perfect.

Thanks for the tip, Bart. Sounds similar except for the speed. I have used it with good keenness results with water and dry, but not tried a full dilucot on it without slurry. I am a little suspicious that it may cause micro-chipping but haven't used it consistently enough to make sure one way or the other.

regards,
Torolf

TM280 said:

regards,
Torolf

Thought I'd try to load up a picture of it

Edit: well, the quality of that picture makes it worthless in the post, sorry, but the link image looks ok. I need to figure out this picture thing...
/Users/torolf/Desktop/Scrupleworks/cotpics/fastbout1.jpg

Torolf i have coticules that feel jittery and have stick y spots , but never have they caused me any problems. infact i remeber my last one, i could could feel the grain and this all though smooth has a feeling of the pattern but with a nice draw also . give it a go

gary

Torolf i have coticules that feel jittery and have stick y spots , but never have they caused me any problems. infact i remeber my last one, i could could feel the grain and this all though smooth has a feeling of the pattern but with a nice draw also . give it a go

gary

Yeah, I need to get back to it...but have so little time...and new hones to work with:)
I think getting used to the feedback from these Les Latneuses will probably change my impression of that bout quite a bit.

By the way, do you notice strong draw under running water on all hones?

cheers,
Torolf

TM280 said:
Edit: well, the quality of that picture makes it worthless in the post, sorry, but the link image looks ok. I need to figure out this picture thing...
/Users/torolf/Desktop/Scrupleworks/cotpics/fastbout1.jpg
Torolf, copy it to the public map of that dropbox you installed for sharing the Pilgrimage pictures. Than right click the image and pick something that reads like "copy public link".
Paste that in between the IMG-tags.

Alternatively, you can also upload the picture to the Coticule.be server, by using the attachments box underneath the post editor (currently only present in the Marketplace and the Coticule Tavern). Once uploaded [raw]
[/raw] will show the first attached picture, etc.

TM280 said:
By the way, do you notice strong draw under running water on all hones?

cheers,
Torolf
It depends on the razor. Razors with a wide bevel exert more suction. It sounds like I'm talking about women, but I'm not.
Draw between Coticules can vary quite a bit. There seems to be a correlation with the various layers.

Kind regards,
Bart.

I think I may have found your picture. Let's try this:
[img=800]http://www.coticule.be/system/modules/helpdesk/HelpdeskFrontendDownload.php?msg=11360&id=2[/img]

Back