ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

August 30th - September 5th

Jan Zoethout

SOTD 20200830.
zO0pBId.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" (pre-).
J&T® bamboo / Tuxedo.
OUMO Brush "Soul" shaving soap.
ATT SE1 (aluminum).
Schick Proline P (12).
3P "La Crema Prodigio" (after-).
Loris "E-12" EdP (== Armani Attitude).

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Rapira platinum
Pre-Shave: Proraso Creme Pre Barba
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: AP Shave CO 24 Silksmoke
Aftershave: De Vergulde Hand AS lotion
Aftershave: De Vergulde Hand AS balm

Used the Vergulde Hand shavingstick almost a week and start to like it. The aftershave stuff from the Vergulde Hand is really great stuff.

33764E39-ECDF-47F8-AC29-B3887272A634.jpeg

Shaving Soap/cream: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Silvertip Flat 2 bander

DE-Razor: Mühle Rocca
DE-Blade: Gillette Rubie 3x

Aftershave: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Aftershave balm: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Eau de Toilette: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet

Like the Gamechanger 0.84, the Mühle Rocca is also a fantastic Razor. The Rocca clearly wins in efficiency, but the kinship I'm referring to - in addition to a fine shave - is the friendly price.
At least when compared to Razors like the Timeless, Paradigm's and Charcoals. With these Razors you can easily talk about hundreds of Euro's while the Gamechanger and Rocca cost around 80 Euro.
This makes their price/quality ratio in my humble opinion excellent but as always uekaz.

8-30-2020

Late afternoon shave..

Dorko #42 Round Point
Scrupleworks Vegetable Tanned .. 40/60
Castle Forbes Cedarwoor & Sandalwood Cream
Kent LE Silvertip
Bloc Osma
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose
D.R. Harris Sandalwood EdT

All Sandalwood for a mystic feel of the Orient. The Dorko performed beautifully off the La Grise... Clean and smooooth..

ViZVz2H.jpg

Late evening shave

Prep
M-Keramiek scuttle
FS G4 shaving brush
La maison du barbier shaving cream
Bakelite mulcuto schragschnitt + Treet carbon #2
VDH alum
Humpfrey's witch hazel cucumber mellon witch hazel
La rive cabane as, isana ultrasensitive balsem

Good shave.

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
Le Père Lucièn - Cedre Patchouli,
Rockwell Razors 6s,
Treet Carbon Steel 4th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Proraso Wood and Spice ASB,
Loris E-220 Dior Sauvage Very Cool.

SOTD_202000831.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and Le Père Lucièn - Cedre Patchouli:
My preference for shaving soap has slowly crystallised. Flowers (rose and lavender), fern (fougere scents), wood (preferably sandalwood, but cedar is also always appreciated), citrus (lime), a mix of leather, tar, whiskey etc. and basic scents (Arko, Tabac??). Choice enough and yet clear boundaries. So this morning with the very enjoyable J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm stirring in the Le Père Lucièn - Cedre Patchouli was no punishment. On the contrary. I like this soap with a strong and mystical scent. It also gives a perfect lather if you pay some attention to it, so nice start of the day.
Blade and razor:
Used the Treet Carbon Steel for the 4th time.
The Treet Carbon Steel had some trouble with the main head hair this morning. The beard went fine, but the back of the skull was stubborn work. I don't know if it is the combination Rockwell Razors 6s plate 5 with the Treet Carbon Steel. The face is nice and smooth again. Tomorrow I'll try again and see if the blade reaches my 5 standard, but I'm sure I'll have a new one ready.
Result: BBS.
Finally: nicely finished with a firm splash of Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, the Proraso Wood and Spice ASB, for which I have to find a worthy replacement and the Loris E-220 Dior Sauvage Very Cool. The latter is a new addition with a somewhat cedar-like and fougere blend with something fresh.

After shaving 10 shaves in 20 days with Merkur 37C, Lord, Dr Harris Arlington Shaving stick and Epsilon Blue on a moving ship, I was desperate to change the exuipment.
So this morning:

Henckels Friodur 17 1/2
Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti soap and ASL

It seemed that the bathroom was still moving.......

8-30-2020

Late afternoon shave..

Dorko #42 Round Point
Scrupleworks Vegetable Tanned .. 40/60
Castle Forbes Cedarwoor & Sandalwood Cream
Kent LE Silvertip
Bloc Osma
Thayer's Witch Hazel .. Rose
D.R. Harris Sandalwood EdT

All Sandalwood for a mystic feel of the Orient. The Dorko performed beautifully off the La Grise... Clean and smooooth..

ViZVz2H.jpg

The main note is clearly the smoky one of the Cedarwood and I never really understand why it is called a clear Sandalwood soap?

After shaving 10 shaves in 20 days with Merkur 37C, Lord, Dr Harris Arlington Shaving stick and Epsilon Blue on a moving ship, I was desperate to change the exuipment.
So this morning:

Henckels Friodur 17 1/2
Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti soap and ASL

It seemed that the bathroom was still moving.......

Can I deduce from this that the drink enjoyed on the ship was not completely removed from the body either? :kaputtlachen1

Now that the move is behind us I slowly start to enjoy shaving again.

The one who started it all, the Paradigm Titanium I
Gillette Rubie blade
Koraat 26mm Manchurian high mountain white 2-band
Derby shavestick
Epsilon Scottish Spirit

IMG_3448.jpeg

Graydog/Japanese Sugi Pine/2BED synthetic
Eufros - Tobacco
Ator 13/16
Tunney

Not a bad synth, this 2BED. Loses a bit of backbone because of the high loft. My largest brush, but not too large. I like it.
Third straightshave this year (fourth if you count the Feather AC SS), first time in two years the Ator is used.

Back