Coti backed coti

deighaingeal

I was just curious about how rare the stones, like no 64 are. I really want a stone like this, but want to learn more about them. Are they a natural combo? Are they more common in a certain layer? Do they show similar cutting ability?
Most important though is if I email Ardennes is the stone so rare that they will laugh me off of this planet? I am sure they are rare enough that they wouldn't have any in stock, but exactly how rare are they?

Man these cotis are addicting and I don't even own one yet.

(I don't actually believe that they would laugh at me)

garyhaywood

i'm sure ardanees have some in stock, he was cutting one up why we were there. they work very well and give typical coticule edge, i love mine. :thumbup:

gary

geruchtemoaker

I have one of similar size I picked up on the weekend at ardennes and I love it.
by the way thanks gary for pointing it out to me:thumbup:

cheers
Stijn

geruchtemoaker

garyhaywood said:
hi mate hows it going?

it was a nice little hone and a great price to:thumbup:
i'm doing fine
still a bit of struggling with dulicot(maybe because I'm trying it on a smiling razor)but it works a lot better for me than my la verte:D

decraew

They will definitely not laugh, I'm sure they must have gotten a lot of demand lately for this layer. Just ask for a Les Latneuses. I bought a small one 12.5cm x 3cm and it just great to work with !!

deighaingeal

I think I just need to get a coti no matter what type it is, just so I can play with it. I contacted Ardennes about one. we'll see what I come up with.

If my house stops falling apart maybe I could afford what I am looking at. I just had my water filter leak for about 36 hours before I caught it, it ruined my whole mud room. Then this weekend i had to do an emergency reroofing. Oh, the love of owning a home!

I think what I'll do is trade scales and brush handles for a stone. Does anybody believe that this is a viable idea? I did just get a shipment of wood.
hmm...probably too many people out there who do this huh?
I would hate to turn fun time into work time, but then again it is going towards more fun time.

Wow I am babbling, sorry.