ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Fasan

gvw755

SU-Patron Gold
When I got to this DE section to add to the Fasan thread, I was surprised to see that one was not started yet. So I guess I will once again chum the water to get big fish @efsk to show up. I just took delivery of what was described as a Fasan 170. I have no idea if that is really what it is or if there really was a model 170. This particular model had a metal cap and handle with a bakelite base. The handle is the tapered and angular variety. It is one of the earlier models which the PAA cloned a while back (not the newer glow in the dark one).

DSC03563.JPG
DSC03561.JPG
DSC03562.JPG

First shave was tonight and I was surprised how smooth and efficient the shave was. I remember the PAA bakelite version to be a medium rough shaver and so this was quite a change from that. It could be that this razor had more weight to it because of the metal parts. Tomorrow I will compare both razors in a shave off to see if my memory was wrong.

efsk

Sky high and six thousand miles away
SU-Patron Gold
Fasen had a whole schema worked out to optimize blade duration, where you used the numbers 1-4 on the blade in combination with the dot to keep track of usage. You’d start with 1 on the dot, next day have 4 on the dot, etc. I do not believe the dot signifies differential aggression.

efsk

Sky high and six thousand miles away
SU-Patron Gold
Acquired a couple of 1940s bills Osberghaus sent to a Fasan-dealership. Interesting to see what we can learn from type-numbering, prices nad the apparent popularity of Fasan in the city of Weimar.
Also, 1½year into WW2, Osberghaus apparently had a shortage of personnel.
Osberghaus-Factuur-1.jpg Osberghaus-Factuur-2.jpg Osberghaus-Factuur-3.jpg