ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Gnat

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
Curious little item here. First of all the name. Why would anybody think a man would want a biting insect in his face every single morning of his adult life? Second, the way the little thing is built.
Saving space, it was thought to use a short handle, marginally longer than the head is long, and this pivots so it can lay flat against the head. There's room for it to move a little, so in storage position, it is a really nice compact razor. The pivot has as added benefit, at least for me, that the angle of the head is adjustable: you can use this razor regular, or as slanted as you like.
The handle is marked Gnat, as well as 148581, which I gather is the patentnummber, the head is marked Gnat Patent, and British Made.
Silver.

DSC05622.JPG
DSC05623.JPG
DSC05624.JPG
DSC05625.JPG
DSC05626.JPG
DSC05627.JPG
DSC05628.JPG
DSC05629.JPG

I found the British patent, applied for by Tom Percy Bentley, which deals with the handle-arrangement.

Not yet Peter, I don't shave that often, and am behind about a 100 razors to test :lol Will report soon as I have though.

Back