ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Got some Dovo white, now what...

jfdupuis

Hey guys,

got my order from TheSuperiorshave today. How do you guys apply the Dovo white to a linen or fabric strop? Any specific way? Thick coat or just a little bit as done with Cr0 and other pastes?

Thanks!

JF

My white paste just came today from Superior Shave also, and I've already applied it to my cotton strop.
I applied it by squeezing out small amounts in different areas and working it into the fabric with the spine of a butter knife. I made no mess, and the entire tube seems to be measured to do one strop perfectly.. i.e. I used the entire tube. If any spots were a bit lacking, i filled those and scraped with the knife like a spatula.
Mine is already alomost dry, and I'll probably strop on it tomorrow.

BTW, I've read that the white Dovo paste has no abrasive qualities, but it sure polished the side of the butter knife!

thanks man! Will do that! Now I just have to figure out on what strop to put it on!

The Kanayama
Ambrose
Webbed Fabric
Wool strop
TM Linen

I used my fingers, and got a good three strops worth out of a tube, of course it doesn't really matter what you use, so long as you get a nice even coating

I do like the stuff, and with my Dovo linen looking decidely dirty, I think it's coming up to wash and paste time :thumbup:

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Are you guys using the white pasted linen when you strop before each shave?

Is there any possibility of damaging gold wash, or etching, on a blade using these pastes?

I can say defanatley no. i use it on my dovo linen. And yes strop linen leather before each shave with no probs.
gary

I agree with Gary.However The only blade place touching with the linen and the paste is the spine end the edge.
Best regards
Emmanuel

I must say that I prefer the feel of the cotton unpasted, but maybe I just need to get used to it.
I will enjoy getting genuine linen, and not having to paste it though..

Just a personal thing..

My personal preference is to used the pasted white dovo strop only after shaving for a quick 10-15 passes and then use my webbed fabric strop for pre-shaving stropping.

Back