ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

I will _try_ to make brushes ;-)

torbenbp

Gents

Following in the footsteps of my dear friend Sir Ralfy...Hav`nt got his skills or experience though. So will have to go for "wood only" handles´. Made one in wenge,just to try it out. It was okay,but it`s still in need of final finishing and a knot offcourse.So these knots were ordered today:

22mm Cream Boar
20mm Pure Badger
20mm Cream Boar

As I have acces to 5-6 different types of exotic wood ( for free or more likely....a few beers)
this is a cheap way off getting different types of brushes:thumbup:

Torbs

Wonderful Torbs old buddy!

I know they will "Turn" out to be delightful, as you already know I have total faith in your skills, and wish you every success, the knots I have used from TGN have all been spot on too.

I see you have the cream boars, I know that Sir Bart likes a natural Blonde! :thumbup:

My Best Wishes
The Older One....lol

No. 1. is finished.

Wenge really isnt very good for wood turning,but as this one is considered as a practise job,it`s okay.

This is a 20 mm. Creme Boar knot. Havnt tried it yet but will tonight.

38098_1477594612806_1021973112_1413661_5874147_n.jpg

Torbs

Thats wonderful Torbs! :thumbup:
Very nice indeed my friend, see I said you would make a great brush!
I wish you many many happy lathers with her

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Beautiful!

Nice polish as well. I like the way to Wenge turned out. It's glossy, but one can still see it's wood.
I believe the knot could have been put in a bit deeper.

Yes,the hole for the knot should have been slightly deeper.Next time..still have two left:thumbup:

"To be or knot to be.That`s the question"

Kind regards
Torbs

A number of posts in this thread were removed and some edited, in order to remove a few adult jokes.

Concerning the use of humor on Coticule.be:
We're not against a bit of good fun in the Cafeteria, even if it takes a controversial form. In this case, we all had a couple of good laughs, which no one can take away from us. But now that the jokes are told (and illustrated), leaving the pictures in place for posterity, we run the risk of ending up on Google's and other search engine's "SafeSearch" blacklist. That would be a pity, as it could prevent new people, in search of valid information about Coticules and straight razor shaving, from finding Coticule.be.

Only for that reason, we've decided to clean up the mess:rolleyes: we made.

We hope everyone involved understands.

As you were, discussing Torben's new brush,
Bart.

Back