ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Jan. 26th 2020 - Feb 1th 2020

Onno

Schulze #14
image.jpg

(Day (1 of 7)
Razor: Timeless SS 0.95 OC (USA)
Blade: Hema (1)
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger (England)
Soap: Nivea Originals shaving cream (Germany)
Brush: HJM Bader (Germany)
Aftershave: Di Barba Alum (Italian)
Aftershave: Nivea Deep Comfort (Germany)
Aftershave: None
EDT: None

Last edited:
31FA9894-464D-452B-9F32-606AB75490EC.jpeg

Shaving Soap / Cream: Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge

Aftershave Balm: Castle Forbes Lavender
Eau de Toilette: Cella Eau de Lavande

Shaving Brush: Razorock Plissoft syntheet

DE-Razor: HomeLike Start 1.18
DE-Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus 2x

Yesterday I received some aluminium cans from Jaap so I was able to put a real "Sunday soap" in them this morning.

One of the few soaps I liked so much that a repurchase was more than justified.

I used the Start 1.18 for the second time and the experience was the same as yesterday a good razor but I think the grip is too thin.

What would this razor add to my existing arsenal?
Actually I can give you the answer now......but first a few more shaves.

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
TDS Cosmetics Sandalwood,
Above The Tie SE1,
Feather Professional 10th x,
Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS,
TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB,
Loris So Old.

SOTD_20200126.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and TDS Cosmetics Sandalwood:
This Sunday morning was a nice start to the day , because I had a new soap from TDS cosmetics, which wasn't disappointing and spread a nice scent of sandalwood. No scent bomb, but the scent is nice to me, some woody, nutty slightly sweet sandalwood scent. With the J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm this TDS Cosmetics Sandalwood blends well into a nice foam. This badger likes some soap, but then you also have something in the brush. I think J&T here have a nice knot for a badger brush, when it keeps this backbone.
Blade and razor:
Used the Feather Professional for the 10th time.
The Feather Professional shows its quality for the 10x, stays usable and sharp. In the Above The Tie SE1 the Feather Professional still feels so good, I think he can do it again tomorrow. Then he goes back into the ultra light Black Hawk, let's see if that's still good.
Result: BBS.
Finally: The Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS, with the TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB and the Loris So Oud were allowed to give the final chord and I started this sunny Sunday woody.

No picture from this mornings shave.

Le Grelot Hospital 5/8 | Morris & Forndran 2XL Blonde | Alphy & Becs Cedarwood | Myrsol | Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Skinfood

Had a go with the soap @The King sent me. Took some time to load the brush, more then I'm used to, but I was rewarded with a lot of lather. Great smell. Soap in solid state has a light smell, bit when lathered the scent really opens up. Post shave feeling is also very good. Happy with this newcomer in my den.

Shavemac Shaving Society LE2018/Jungle Moss/24/50/fan/Silvertip
Phoenix & Beau - Iceni
Gibbs - N°12
Treet (4)
Alum

Brush&soap combination was marvellous. Just what I needed. The Gibbs is a very nice razor, very mild, but very cleaning. Pity it does not last very long. I understand the appeal of the Treet blade, not bad, but I have better. Also, this fourth shave was stretching it a bit for this one.

No picture from this mornings shave.

Le Grelot Hospital 5/8 | Morris & Forndran 2XL Blonde | Alphy & Becs Cedarwood | Myrsol | Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood Skinfood

Had a go with the soap @The King sent me. Took some time to load the brush, more then I'm used to, but I was rewarded with a lot of lather. Great smell. Soap in solid state has a light smell, bit when lathered the scent really opens up. Post shave feeling is also very good. Happy with this newcomer in my den.

I'm glad you liked the Alphy & Becs, on the other hand of course I had every confidence in it.:yes_nicken

(Day (2 of 7)
Razor: Timeless SS 0.95 OC (USA)
Blade: Hema (1)
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger (England)
Soap: Nivea Originals shaving cream (Germany)
Brush: HJM Bader (Germany)
Aftershave: Di Barba Alum (Italian)
Aftershave: Nivea Deep Comfort (Germany)
Aftershave: De Vergulde Hand after Shave Balm
EDT: None

Added De Vergulde Hand after Shave Balm because of dry skin

image.jpg

Today is the day I have used this year all my shaving gear at least one time. The last item is remarkably the Simpson Lavender&Veviter cream, a favorite. The cream has deminished itself into soap......

Have a nice day.

Balea rasieröl
Yaqi brush 26mm
Speick shaving cream
Turkish shaving bowl
Fasan bakelite
Derby extra #4
Vdh alum
Dickinsons witch hazel
Reuzel AS, vdh balsem

I skipped yesterdays shave. The fasan Derby combo cleaned up perfectly. But at a cost; two nicks and alum response.

I used the razor with a really light touch. I guess the Derby Extra Fasan is not the best combination. The next de will be the Phoenix open comb slant.

Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis,
Jabonman Lignum MMXIX,
RazoRock Black Hawk,
Feather Professional 11e x,
Rebul Dark Spice,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-85 Dior Fahrenheit.

SOTD_20200127.jpg

Brush and soap:
Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis and Jabonman Lignum MMXIX:
To compare the Oumo, which I may test, just a row of badgers, starting with a good, but in that category the least, the Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis. That's one of my nicer ones. Also a new soap, the Jabonman Lignum MMXIX. So there is an Eufros, which I like right away. Need to find out what it smells like, but shaves well, smells like cedar, spices, and sweets, beautiful masculine in balance.
Blade and razor:
Used the Feather Professional for the 11th x.
The Feather Professional can now go into the piggy bank after 11x. Not absolutely necessary, but noticeably more attention needed for really smooth. So piggy bank. Still clean-shaven with the combi RazoRock Black Hawk and Feather Professional, but tomorrow something else.
Finally: With this Jabonman seemed to me Rebul Dark Spice, Weleda Aftershave Balsam and Loris E-85 Dior Fahrenheit well in place. My spouse agrees, so the Monday starts well again.

Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis,
Jabonman Lignum MMXIX,
RazoRock Black Hawk,
Feather Professional 11e x,
Rebul Dark Spice,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-85 Dior Fahrenheit.

Brush and soap:
Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis and Jabonman Lignum MMXIX:
To compare the Oumo, which I may test, just a row of badgers, starting with a good, but in that category the least, the Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis. That's one of my nicer ones. Also a new soap, the Jabonman Lignum MMXIX. So there is an Eufros, which I like right away. Need to find out what it smells like, but shaves well, smells like cedar, spices, and sweets, beautiful masculine in balance.
Blade and razor:
Used the Feather Professional for the 11th x.
The Feather Professional can now go into the piggy bank after 11x. Not absolutely necessary, but noticeably more attention needed for really smooth. So piggy bank. Still clean-shaven with the combi RazoRock Black Hawk and Feather Professional, but tomorrow something else.
Finally: With this Jabonman seemed to me Rebul Dark Spice, Weleda Aftershave Balsam and Loris E-85 Dior Fahrenheit well in place. My spouse agrees, so the Monday starts well again.

So can we finally say that there's a Jabonman shaving soap that smells good, Harkos? :carrot1

Back