ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Joseph Allen & Sons

tat2Ralfy

Joseph Allen & Sons, rescaled in Antique bakelite, I managed to use the original lead wedge, Nickel Silver pins and Brass washer hold it all together.

I polished the spine and tang, and gave the blade a satin finish, there are still one or two age spots showing, as I wanted to keep the etch, which I did but I dont think the pictures show it that well.

Before:

0d39f181.jpg

a7e4d066.jpg

2692eac6.jpg

After:

4ab805d8.jpg

0da138e2.jpg

3a25e036.jpg

f1b78523.jpg

a5a34468.jpg

Many thanks for looking Old Chaps, and the test shave is tonight :)

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Wow that looks brill mate. i did'nt realize you could restore , very nice. If i need any repining doing i no just the man:thumbup:
gary

Thanks mate
Yeah if you ever want one doing Gary, it would be my pleasure mate, full restore, new scales, or just a quick brush up.
I would be very happy to do one for you, my treat of course that goes without saying :)

Ralfson

Nice work especially satin finish on the blade.
Btw. which technique you use to achieve satin finish on the blade?
Thx

king said:
Nice work especially satin finish on the blade.
Btw. which technique you use to achieve satin finish on the blade?
Thx

I use Dremel abrasive buffs, they come in coarse, medium and fine, and I chose the medium one for this, if I am going onto a high polish I will most often use greaseless in 300, but I didnt want to touch this with any, as I wanted to keep it as near to new as I could, and the greaseless does soften things around the edges a bit much at times.

Thank you again for the kind words gents

Best respects
Ralfson (Dr)

Realy good work my friend Ralfy.I have in mind to send you celluloid as more natural material than bakelite.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Fabulous! The silver/brass pinning looks all top notch. You surely know yer way around the workshop, Ralfson. Beautiful now she is.

regards,
Matt

Very interesting stuff :thumbup:

Emmanuel my friend, I would dearly love some celluloid to make scales from

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

3mm would be perfect my friend

They make body jewellery from a form of lactose Protein, the name escapes me at this time, I do recall that when it's made it takes 24 hrs for each 1mm of thickness

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Ok Ralf i ll see what i have in my workshop also i am waiting for a purchase order .Send me a PM with your address.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Back