ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

July 25th - July 31st

Tjebbe

Yaqi Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf,
Goodfellas' Smile Pino Alpestre,
Mulcuto Schrägschnitt on titanium Stork Consul,
Feather (2),
Goodfellas' Smile Pino Alpestre aftershave parfum.

1627196030116.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday!

Yes dear good friends, I, too, did shave today. Using the Shavemac D01 to lather a bunch of Panier de Sens on my face, and a fresh Voskhod in my trusty broken Merkur 37 to remove a week of growth. Splendid shave.

Yesterday's evening shave

Prep
Yaqi sagrada familia shaving brush
La toja shaving stick
Feather ss + kai titan mild
Vdh alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Erica's rooibos as lotion, lea as balm

Today we moved from the north east of france (region avesnois) to the middle (tournus). Along the way we had to buy a new tent. The old one had developed some serious cracks. We had to cover it with some plastic.

27th July is National Scotch Day!!

Pre-shave:-
Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #15
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Glen Grant The Major's Reserve

giphy.gif

Omega 80097,
The Vulfix Classic Sandalwood,
Mühle R41 (2013),
Gillette Bleue Extra 7th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Provence et Nature Santal Absolu.

SOTD_20210727.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 80097 and The Vulfix Classic Sandalwood:
Nice lather whipped with the Omega 80097 from the The Vulfix Classic Sandalwood. This vintage brush continues to do its job nicely and so I had a nice full lather in the bowl The scent of the Vulfix is nicely woody, with a slight hint of cinnamon. Find this a nice sandalwood, which remains well in the foam.
Blade and razor:
Used the Gillette Bleue Extra for the 7th time.
The Gillette Bleue Extra is still doing well, but 7 times is enough for this blade, so I'll take a new one tomorrow. The very effective Mühle R41 (2013) with the Gillette Bleue Extra is a good combo, which shaves nice and smooth, but with this blade a tad raw, but that will probably be due to the wear of the blade.
Result: BBS.
Finally: fragrant and fresh finish with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü, which leaves a cared skin and Provence et Nature Santal Absolu for a well-scented finish.

Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm,
Extro Dandy,
Merkur 39C Slant Long Handle Barber Pole,
Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New 1st x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Cien Men Hydro Moisturizing,
Extro Dandy AS.

SOTD_20210728.jpg

Brush and soap:
Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm and Extro Dandy:
This morning another unsurpassable simple shave, which shows, that a good result is not only to be achieved with expensive material.The Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm with Extro Dandy are of course not for nothing, but also not priceless. Fine lather in a nice bun, that lathers up pleasantly.
Blade and razor:
The Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New used for the 1st x.
The Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New is also simple affordable and quite a nice blade. OK Kai is better, but also of price. The Merkur 39C Slant Long Handle Barber Pole is a fine slant, my best about, but certainly not the most expensive and shaves with the Dorco Platinium ST 300 (Korea) New very easily smooth.
Result: BBS.
Finally: the Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon and Cien Men Hydro Moisturizing are well affordable and the Extro Dandy AS is price performance ratio also enjoyable.
All in all, a nice and pleasant shave.

Back