ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

July 4th - July 10th

Tjebbe

Alexander Simpson Trafalgar T3,
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic,
Henson Shaving Ti22,
Feather (1),
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic with a drop of menthol.

1625382069112.jpg

Fresh, easy and clean!

J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm,
Martin de Candre Fougère,
Fatip Grande Rutinia,
Gillette Nacet Stainless (Russia) 5th x,
Abzehk Olive,
Cien Men Hydro Care,
Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio.

SOTD_20210704.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and Martin de Candre Fougère:
Don't know how long this will last, but don't think to buy any more new soap for now. Going to finish something first. Was standing this morning with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm loading soap from the Martin de Candre Fougère jar. I've had that one for a year now, used it 4 times, and it doesn't show. Then to think, that I have 5 of those pots and 102 others, makes, that for now I will replace 2 on 1. 2 gone, then 1 new. At least that's what I'm thinking right now. Then also the of those soaps, where you hardly use anything of per shave. That will be frequent sotd's. Well this said, I must still say, that the foam was again top to use.
Blade and razor:
The Gillette Nacet Stainless (Russia) for the 5th x used.
As expected, the Gillette Nacet Stainless easily reached my 5 standard. The effective combo Fatip Grande Rutinia with the Gillette Nacet Stainless provided a smooth reduction of head and beard hair. Nicely smooth again.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Abzehk Olive edc, which leaves a nice fresh sweet scent, that goes nicely with the fern scent of the MDC. Cien Men Hydro Care on top to ensure, that the skin will last another 20 years or so and Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio for the fougère finishing touch.
Great start to this Sunday.

The unbelievable happened: I actually did shave today, first shave, according to my notes, since June 24th.
put a fresh Voskhod in the broken Merkur 37 and had the first full three pass shave in weeks. Not sure if I look better, but it definitely feels better.
Other gear: Shavemac ShaSoc LE and ToBS Rose.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Autumn Glory
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Jack Daniel's

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Yaqi silverip brush
Lea shaving cream
Gold dollar straight razor
FOCS + Treet carbon
Proraso alum
Humphreys witch hazel
Williams aqua velva as, Cien as balm

The straight razor didn't come shave ready. And I didn't improve the edge. It will go back to the hones. The FOCS removed the little stubble there was.

IMG_20210705_092344431.jpg

SOTD 20210705.
xtGjPgw.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white).
OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush imitation finest 2-band synth.
T.O.B.S. "Lemon & Lime" shaving cream.
ATT S2 / Stork "Taipan" handle.
Lord Super Chrome (3).
Clubman Pinaud "Citrus Musk" ASL.

The unbelievable happened: I actually did shave today, first shave, according to my notes, since June 24th.

not entirely sure you are still eligible as a shaving forum moderator then :rofl (unless you have so much work moderating us and the other shaving forum that you just have no time left to shave;))

SOTD 20210706.
U2IYejk.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream (pre-).
OUMO Brush SHD G5 SYN.
Castle Forbes "Lavender Essential Oil" shaving cream.
Vintage Souplex / Stork Ti "Classic" handle.
Lord Super Chrome (4).
Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream (after-).
Tihanyi "Levendula" EdP.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Autumn Glory
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Back