ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Krytyk

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
An SE @gvw755 pointed me at. Takes thin blades, clamped down by the cap that is branded Krytyk. Bottom of the base only has Pat'd July 18, 1911. Patent meant is number 998009, patentee Floyd D Jones.
Razor was produced by the Jones Razor & Mfg. Co., Kansas City, Missouri. U.S. and has a head that can be placed in any position from ordinary to 90° tilted. Angle is adjusted by loosening/fastening the handle, which will push a sall plate (see last pic) in place to lock the assembly.
Handle needs to be cleaned, I have to check whether Injector or Feather AC blades will fit (maybe with a shim).
DSC04623.JPG
DSC04625.JPG
DSC04626.JPG
DSC04628.JPG
DSC04629.JPG
DSC04631.JPG

And then the second one popped up, this one complete. Shipper, case, stropping help, extra blades and instruction leaflet. Fabulous. Compared to the razor, the case has a feminine quality to it, what with its Jugendstil baroque lid.
One thing I did not figure out myself but learned from the leaflet is that this razor is actually adjustable. The comb is movable and the little pin on the rear, that can be moved either left or right, will push the comb further away from the blade, ar lets it sit closer, thus adjusting bladegap. Ingenious solution really.
DSC04837.JPG
DSC04839.JPG
DSC04840.JPG
DSC04841.JPG
DSC04842.JPG

Back