la veinette vs la dressante ..finishing

stalker

Well-Known Member
hello! today is arrived my la veinette! 100x4 a real jewel..

GENERALLY between la dressante and la veinettem which have the best finishing quality ??

the veinette seems to be very svery slow in water...
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
stalker said:
hello! today is arrived my la veinette! 100x4 a real jewel..
GENERALLY between la dressante and la veinettem which have the best finishing quality ??
:D
You tell me, because I really haven't got a clue. For finishing, I find Coticules all very similar. The 3 edge qualifications I use, "Brisk", "Engaging" and "Mellow" are very close range, and more based on a vague impression of mine, then on solid observations.

Kind regards,
Bart.
 

stalker

Well-Known Member
yes!

veinette = engaging
la dressante = silk mellow

bart mhnnnnnnnnn i have just test, that if i finish with la dressante, after 15 pass on crox .....the blade "remember the mellowness".....it is possibile?? or just my impression??

the crox pass should RESET ALL previous character?

thanks
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
Not necessarily. Other people have testified before you that (modest) use of CrO, does not seem to undo the properties of a good Coticule edge. But it's never been really confirmed by an elaborate series of blinded tests.

What I can guarantee you, is that if you really got to the limit of what these Coticules can do, that you won't care to use CrO any longer. Most guys I know that reached that level of Coticule Mastery, took a while to realize that they really could do without the paste. I keep comparing it with learning how to ride a bike. Leaving the guide wheels off takes not only the proper skill do to without them, but also some self-confidence. ;)

Kind regards,
Bart.
 

stalker

Well-Known Member
i have another question for you bart,for check the various finishing character of the veinette or la dressante (brisk, mellow,engaging).

i should hone the razor with the same coticule(hone+finishing)?? or only in the final stage?????? (for example i have one razor dilucot honed with la dressante but finished with la veinette).


thanks for clarify
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
That is perfectly possible. Owners of a Les Latneuses (the one with the 2 Coticule sides) do this all the time. They often start on the creamy side and finish on the hybrid side. But you can do this with any combination of Coticules.

Kind regards,
Bart.
 

tat2Ralfy

Well-Known Member
Bart said:
That is perfectly possible. Owners of a Les Latneuses (the one with the 2 Coticule sides) do this all the time. They often start on the creamy side and finish on the hybrid side.
Kind regards,
Bart.
:thumbup: That is exactly how I do it, in fact I am doing it right now :)

Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)
 

geruchtemoaker

Well-Known Member
tat2Ralfy said:
Bart said:
That is perfectly possible. Owners of a Les Latneuses (the one with the 2 Coticule sides) do this all the time. They often start on the creamy side and finish on the hybrid side.
Kind regards,
Bart.
:thumbup: That is exactly how I do it, in fact I am doing it right now :)

Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)
then do you have like 3 arms or so being able to hone and type at the same time :scared:
 

tat2Ralfy

Well-Known Member
geruchtemoaker said:
tat2Ralfy said:
Bart said:
That is perfectly possible. Owners of a Les Latneuses (the one with the 2 Coticule sides) do this all the time. They often start on the creamy side and finish on the hybrid side.
Kind regards,
Bart.
:thumbup: That is exactly how I do it, in fact I am doing it right now :)

Best Regards
Ralfson (Dr)
then do you have like 3 arms or so being able to hone and type at the same time :scared:
Now now lets not get silly, everyone knows that a master of the blessed coticule can hone one handed behind their back, whilst riding a unicycle;)

Bwhahahaha
 

geruchtemoaker

Well-Known Member
tat2Ralfy said:
Now now lets not get silly, everyone knows that a master of the blessed coticule can hone one handed behind their back, whilst riding a unicycle;)

Bwhahahaha
exactly my point I can't type behind my back
 
Top