ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

May 16th - May 22nd

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Stirling Deep Blue Sea,
Henson Shaving AL13,
Feather (3),
Van der Lovett Sailor's Blend after shave balm,
Axe Africa.

1621152686259.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday!

J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm,
BdF Esclusivo,
Apollo OC,
Wilkinson Sword 1st x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Loris E-220 Dior Sauvage Very Cool.

SOTD_20210516.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and BdF Esclusivo:
Whipped up a nice Italian lather this morning with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm from the BdF Esclusivo. Fat lumpy fine stuff with a decent yet somewhat citrusy scent. The brush I have to keep an eye on for a while, because after some use I notice, that inside the bristles bend and entwine, about the same as happens with horsehair brushes. This eventually gives you an open hole in the middle of the knot. With a toothpick or so, this can be untangled, but shouldn't get much worse.
Blade and razor:
Used the Wilkinson Sword for the 1st x.
Used a fresh Wilkinson Sword. That's a blade from the Turkish toko and not the Gillette Wilkinson Sword. Shaves fine and should be good for about 7 shaves.At least in the past because May 2018 was the last time I used it. The combo Apollo OC with this Wilkinson Sword is good but basic. Just good smooth shave with some rawness.However that razor doesn't hide anything and that blade needs to run in I guess. In any case, good smooth!
Result: BBS.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü and Loris E-220 Dior Sauvage Very Cool. This does scent again for a while and I'm tightly smooth.

Prep
M-Keramiek scuttle
Proraso boar brush
BDF esclusivo shaving soap
Gillette slim + Gillette Platinum #2
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
4711 AS, BDF esclusivo balm

Shaved after a bike ride. The weather is really crappy here. I even had to ride through a hailstorm. I was so glad that I had a rain jacket with me. Otherwise I would have to ride 50 km soaked to the bone. Then it can be become really cold.

Never shaved with a gillette slim before. It was sitting in my drawer for at least a year and a half. The mechanism was jammed when I tried it yesterday. So the ultrasoon cleaner and wd-40 had to come to the rescue.

SOTD 20210517.
8Jfspw1.jpg

TFS "Crazy Sandalwood Forte" pre-shave ceam.
OUMO Brush resin and huanghuali wood / SHD G5 SYN knot.
TFS "Crazy Sandalwood Forte" shaving soap.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Ladas Super Stainless (2).
TFS "Crazy Sandalwood Forte" ASB.

Razor , Fatip Ulivo OC.
Blade , Gillette Platinum (3).
Brush , Vintage German Pure Bristles , with a new Synthetic knot , made by Jan Zoethout.
Soap , Razormaster Ari , Pine.
AS , Pitralon Classic.
Verry nice and smooth shave in 3 passes.
This was the start of using the Finnish Razormaster soaps , 13 more to go.
And......... they are good.
20210517_190336.jpg

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Yaqi mysterious space badger
Wilkinson shaving stick
Plastic Sonnal + tatra platinum #2
Proraso alum
Cien aqua as, Cien as balsem

I'll have to try the sonnal with another blade. The tatra doesn't feel smooth, but is skin friendly. The combo feels rather rough.

Razor: REX Envoy
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: Prep Creme
Soap: Sweyn Forkbeard Vanilla & Tabacco Leaf
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Synbad Emerald handle
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Elemi & Ginseng post suave balm
EDT: Brut Original

Plisson Fibre,
TOBS (Taylor of Old Bond Street) Jermyn Street Sensitive,
Ikon X3,
Wilkinson Sword 4th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Arko Nem Avokado ASB,
Loris E-085 Dior Fahrenheit.

SOTD_20210519.jpg

Brush and soap:
Plisson Fibre and TOBS (Taylor of Old Bond Street) Jermyn Street Sensitive:
Took the Plisson Fibre for the TOBS (Taylor of Old Bond Street) Jermyn Street Sensitive, as it goes well together. Slack synthete with soft cream. That jar does not want to empty. Bottom is fortunately in sight, because this is not super stuff for me.
Blade and razor:
Used the Wilkinson Sword for the 4th time.
The Wilkinson Sword goes through nicely. Average, but adequate cut. Ikon X3 with Wilkinson Sword is a somewhat unfeeling combo, but shaves in the end.
Result: BBS.
Finally: after the citrus in the Jermynstreet some Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Arko Nem Avokado ASB and Loris E-085 Dior Fahrenheit. Pleasant scent for the day. One more shave at home tomorrow and then on the road with the caravan for about 5 weeks.

Back