ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

May 24th to May30

ehv

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Omega boar brush
Vitos ice rosemary
Leon Pelleray frameback
Vdh alum
Tüff sensitiv as, Weleda balm

There is no rosemary scent, but it is cooling. But as I'm a commoner and not the @The King I'll finish the soap. I had a nice shave the lather was good.

IMG_20200524_091315566~2.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze 0.38 (USA)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: KEPKINH Frosty Lemon (Greece)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger Shavingbrush (China)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (NL)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

10 days in with my new Timeless Bronze, still a smooth shaver and there is now patina forming at the moment.

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Stirling Tea Tree on ice,
Paradigm 17-4,
Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (2),
Tunney alum,
Stirling Tea Tree post shave.

IMG_20200524_105204.jpg

Mmwwm, the Diamondback is better for my headshave ... two spots of blood.

Have a nice Sunday!

3P La Crema Prodigio,
Plisson Fibre,
Martin de Candre Rose,
Rockwell Razors 6s,
Gillette Platinum 4th x,
Ilgaz Rose Isparta,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Gül Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt.

SOTD_202000524.jpg

Brush and soap:
Plisson Fibre and Martin de Candre Rose:
As the skin seems a bit sensitive lately, first only a little 3P La Crema Prodigio lubricated. Then with the Plisson Fibre of the fresh box Martin de Candre Rose a fragrant and nice fat foam beaten. Delicious, nice on brushes and the smell is nice again.
Blade and razor:
The Gillette Platinum for the 4th x used. I am starting to like the Gillette Platinum more and more. Now used 4 times and it's best a good usable blade. Only a few turns of experience, but it's already coming in the direction of my favorite blades. If the quality remains constant, they are a nice addition to my assortment. The Rockwell Razors 6s first with plate 4 for the bald head and then 5 for the beard was a nice combination with the Gillette Platinum. I have to compare that once again, but the Gillette Rubie is just a little bit more pleasant I think, but that can also be suggestion. So let's fiddle on. Result BBS.
Finally: Ilgaz Rose Isparta, Naturlife Krem Vazelin Gül Ve Aloevera Özlü Rose and Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt for the completion and again a successful turn.

Razor , Fatip Classic OC.
Blade , Personna Platinum ( 3 ).
Brush , Hans Baier Silvertip Badger.
Bowl , Chinese travel bowl , Sylicon.
Soapspoon , Old Teaspoon.
Soap , Catie,s Bubbles Connecticut Shade.
AS , Pinaud Clubman Musk.
A verry nice and smooth shave in 3 passes , with 2 small problems.
The Personna blades are usual good for at least 8 times , but this one made a fast trip to the trashcan.
The second problem is my soap using , always to mutch.
The picture is taken after my shave , and still soap for two more shaves.
I,m still learning.
20200524_121811.jpg

Sunday. Here in Frysland rain... and that's why I think I slept a hole in the day. 11:30, I came rolling out of bed... Exceptional because I normally wake up around 7:00. Showering and shaving... Something I haven't done in a while, by the looks of the beard growth... Today I woke up with a nice cooling shave, stirling Wintergreen was my turn again this time. Menthol soap with the smell of Bazoeka gum. (This jar is almost empty, luckily there is still some left.;)). A nice shave where the nose hairs and oorsprieten are not forgotten... I'm the gentleman again.

Stirling wintergreen.
VSheng fine Badger brush
George butler. 6/8
Alum. (Just for the form, not because it's necessary)
Bleu the Chanel.
20200524_122551.jpg

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Omega boar brush
Vitos ice rosemary
Leon Pelleray frameback
Vdh alum
Tüff sensitiv as, Weleda balm

There is no rosemary scent, but it is cooling. But as I'm a commoner and not the @The King I'll finish the soap. I had a nice shave the lather was good.

View attachment 16024

To be honest, I didn't notice the cooling and therefore, for the sake of certainty, I looked up the list of ingredients and no menthol and/or Cooling agent is listed there either. :(

2047CD47-F24E-4D9B-9624-5FE01833144C.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Blackbeards Revenge

Shaving Soap/cream: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger 2 bander

DE-Razor: Razorock Gamechanger SB 0,84
DE-Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword 2x

Aftershave: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Aftershave balm: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Eau de Toilette: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet

@The King probably I have a strong imagination and was still feeling the effects of the prep. I aggree it is a shame that the rosemary smell is absent

Razor: Timeless Aluminum 0.45 (USA)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: KEPKINH Frosty Lemon (Greece)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger Shavingbrush (China)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (NL)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

The things I'm willing to go through to put a smile on "the king's" face o_O

Yoresh Shaving Bowl
Raw Shaving RS-10 Mild with KAI blade
Shavemac Male Ebonite 2 Band Unique Silvertip Badger 26mm
Arko extra performance cream
Proraso menthol

IMG_2986.jpeg

Proraso Crema Pre Barba,
Luyixian Synth-24x68,
BdF Raffinato,
Merkur 39C Slant Long Handle Barber Pole,
Gillette Platinum 5e x,
Rebul Dark Spice,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-162 Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb.

SOTD_202000525.jpg

Brush and soap:
Luyixian Synth-24x68 and BdF Raffinato:
After a little smearing with Proraso Crema Pre Barba with the Luyixian Synth-24x68 a rich foam made of the BdF Raffinato. This soap is pleasant to use, some hazelnut and almond like, not too sweet and great lather. No smell bomb, but nice and decent.
Blade and razor:
The Gillette Platinum for the 5th x used. The Gillette Platinum has passed my 5 norm well. Goes still further, let's see how far this blade goes. For now, the cut is still fine. In the Merkur 39C Slant Long Handle Barber Pole Gillette Platinum is good to feel, but in a pleasantly effective way, as should be with this slant. Nice smooth shaving. Result BBS.
Finally: some spiciness of the Rebul Dark Spice fits nicely with the soap. The Weleda Aftershave Balsam is a good caring product and the Loris E-162 Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb a nice firm spicy finish.

Back