ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

New to the site

whavens

What a terrific community. The more I read about the way people here treat each other the more amazed I become. I originally just stopped by to read up on coticules, but find myself checking in almost daily just to see what everyone is up to. I am so glad I found this site. And on the plus side, I took a Henckles that was unusable and got a great shave off of it after applying what I learned here. Thanks for all the knowledge passed on here.

tat2Ralfy

Welcome from me too :)

I am glad you like it here, most find this place to be refreshing change
And most importantly I am very very happy that you found information that helped

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

whavens

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I took a Henckles Friodur that had a hump in the edge, breadknifed the edge on a 220 norton, set the bevel on a 1k, then ran it through the 4k/8k then finished it up on a combo coticule I bought from Harvitz. Shaved with it the next day and had the closest to a BBS I have ever had. I hope to get well versed enough with coticules to set bevels on my combo stone. When I was reading earlier today about people passing coticules to each other without charging just to spread around these wonderful stones, I just had to let everyone know what a wonderful community you have developed here. I am proud to be welcomed into. Thanks again, what a great group of people. You guys are the best.

Matt

Glad you feel comfortable here. Just wait until you hear how we're blinding y'all and keep selling stones unsuitable for razor sharpening. :D

But seriously, a warm welcome!

cheers,
Matt

Toff

Hello and welcome! This is an unusually pleasant group and a great fund of honing knowledge.
Respectfully
~Richard