ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

November 21st - November 27th

Tjebbe

Yaqi Heavy Metal Handle Timber Wolf,
Stirling Varen,
Tatara Nodachi,
Wizamet Super Iridium (3),
Stirling Varen post shave.

IMG_20211121_082842.jpg

Razor: Timeless Titanium 0.95 OC
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: De Vergulde Hand originele kapperskwast
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Balea Men Energy Q10 After Shave Balm
EDT: Nivea Just Blue

Proraso Crema Pre Barba,
Omega 20102,
Stirling Wintergreen,
Phoenix Alpha Ecliptic Slant Ox Blod,
Hema Personna 3. x,
Stirling Wintergreen AS,
Abzehk Avocado,
Stirling Wintergreen AS.

SOTD_20211121.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 20102 and Stirling Wintergreen:
If any shaving soap can destroy a relationship, it's today's! A quick cream step with Proraso Crema Pre Barba and then a nice lather from the Stirling Wintergreen whipped up with the Omega 20102. This brush fits well in the Grail and turns the Wintergreen into a strong lather with a strong fresh scent of old fashioned throat sweets and menthol. You either love it or hate it. I find it delicious and refreshing.
Razor and blade:
Used the Hema Personna for the 3rd time. The Hema Personna stays nice and sharp. The lightweight Phoenix Alpha Ecliptic Slant Ox Blod with this Hema Personna is a precise and beautiful shaving combination. Again, slick and smooth. Result BBS.
Finally, Stirling Wintergreen AS, some conditioning with Abzehk Avocado and then a heavy drop of Stirling Wintergreen AS to keep it smelling and feeling good. It doesn't smell like menthol but has a more intense spicy coolness and the scent is irresistible. When I came out of the bathroom the reaction was 'what have you used again, I won't be going to the bathroom for a while'. Yes, sometimes it is like that.

SOTD 20211121.
pE4q1pp.jpg

PREP "Original Formula" pre-shave cream.
OUMO Brush resin and huanghuali wood / SHD G5 SYN knot.
Razor Master "Ari" shaving soap.
Homelikeshaving "START" 0.90 OC / Stork "Templar" handle.
Shapu Super Stainless (6).
Homelikeshaving "DejaVu" ASL.

Alexander Simpson Trafalgar T3,
Goodfellas' Smile Pino Alpestre,
Mulcuto Schrägschnitt on titanium Stork Consul,
Gillette Nacet (1),
Goodfellas' Smile Pino Alpestre aftershave parfum.

IMG_20211122_073114.jpg

Today is a sad day, we have to move our mother to a nursing home...

Proraso white preshave
M-keramiek scuttle
Yaqi pure badger brush
Haslinger Schafmilch shaving soap
Sedef + treet platinum #1
Leresche OC + treet platinum 4
Proraso alum
TFS witch hazel
Pitralon classic as, lea as balm

First pass with the sedef cleared up a lot. Some minor touch up with te leresche.

I've read that some people can use a Haslinger soap within a month. I'm no frugal loader, but the Haslinger will survive november. I used it a lot last september and previous september. So how much lather these people make I can only wonder.

Omega 10019,
Razor Master Erin (Lavender),
Blackbird V2 machined finish 85mm steel,
Hema Personna 4th x,
PeReJa Lavender edc,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
L.T. Piver lotion Lavande.

SOTD_20211122.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 10019 and Razor Master Erin (Lavender):
The small pig Omega 10019 makes nice lather from the Razor Master Erin (Lavender). Firm full of fragrant lather. Seems like the Razor Master soaps lather better, now that they have matured longer. Could also be the bowl, but I don't want to praise it too much yet.
Blade and razor:
Used the Hema Personna for the 4th time.
The Hema Personna remains just fine. The Blackbird V2 machined finish 85mm handle feels comfortable with this Hema Personna, but towards very effective. Shaves easily nice and smooth, but have to keep the focus here and there, but that is necessary to shave anyway.
Result: BBS.
Finally: floral stuff with PeReJa Lavender edc, Weleda Aftershave Balsam L.T. Piver lotion and Lavande to finish with. That will linger for a while.

SOTD 20211122.
wDNGjeJ.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
Brush soft maple / OUMO Brush imitation bristle knot.
Crabtree&Evelyn "Moroccan Myrrh" shaving cream.
Karve Christopher Bradley OC-C / Stork "Consul" handle.
Shapu Super Stainless (7).
Crabtree&Evelyn "Moroccan Myrrh" ASB.

SOTD 20211123.
0Qs5FMC.jpg

TFS "Crazy Sandalwood Forte" pre-shave cream.
J&T® purpleheart / Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle knot.
TFS "Crazy Sandalwood Forte" shaving soap.
DSCosmetic DS-X.2 razor.
Shapu Super Stainless (8).
TFS "Crazy Sandalwood Forte" ASB.

21 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

23 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #32
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 6 of 9
51gRVa4hrfL.jpg

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
Scheermonnik Delfts Wit,
Paradigm Diamondback,
Hema Personna 5th x,
Abzehk Olive edc,
Abzehk Olive cream,
Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma.

SOTD_20211123.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and Scheermonnik Delfts Wit:
So that was another bomb of lather with the J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm whipped from the Scheermonnik Delfts Wit. Whether I'm making more effort now, or whether the bowl does matter I'm not sure yet, but since I've been using the Grail my lather is thicker and creamier. I think I am paying more attention, but that the bowl also makes a difference. Maybe it is the magic of the beautiful thing, that everything goes just a little better, in any case, nice lather again this morning.
Blade and razor:
Used the Hema Personna for the 5th time.
The Hema Personna met my 5 standard and that with a nice shave and smooth result. In the Paradigm Diamondback, the Hema Personna is comfortable in cut and effective at the same time. Feels like a tame razor, but with the result of an extremely effective tool. After 54 shaves, I am really getting the hang of this razor.
Result: BBS.
Finally: the sweet spicy Delfts Wit combines nicely with the sweetness of the olive and the spiciness of the edp, so Abzehk Olive edc, Abzehk Olive oil cream and Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma.
Was good again this morning.

Back