ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

October 24th - October 30th 2021

UnShaven

Razor: CTAPT 1.18 OC, Satin
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: De Vergulde Hand originele kapperskwast
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Weleda After Shave Balsem
EDT: Nivea Just Blue

J&T® Padoek finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng,
Vienna Soap Spike,
Dscosmetic T7 316L SS titanium handle,
Rapira Super stainless 5e x,
PeReJa Lavender edc,
Weleda Aftershave Balm,
L.T. Piver lotion Lavender.

SOTD_20211024.jpg

Morris & Forndran Style 3, Size 2 in Finest, Ivory Grain
Tobs - Lavender cream
Merkur - 37 (t)
Voskhod (1)
Tunney

Some 8 days ago already, my last shave, so it was necessary. First threepass shave in months, possibly first one this year.

SOTD 20211024.
UlVTzik.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (ed: pre-).
J&T® purpleheart / Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle knot.
Razor Master "Sauli" shaving soap.
Vintage "Sunrise" razor.
Wizamet Super Iridium (2).
Proraso pre-shave cream (red: after-).
Loris "E-31" EdP (== Bvlgari Black).

After weeks of shaving with eminent Slants could today the Charcoal with base plate number 2 and equipped with a Torpedo grip pamper my face.
Equipped with a wonderfully comfortable Gillette Rubie Plus blade you know what to expect: a lighthearted shave.

And because the crest of the Graydog Hawaiian hardwood blanks curly mango 24mm. Finest Silvertip is so wonderfully soft, it was allowed to turn the Taylor cream into a nice qualitative lather.

In conclusion, I sprinkled myself liberally with the delicious scented water of Taylor so that I could start this Sunday fragrant.

790F6358-3E84-4A97-AED9-1A02B81FC442.jpeg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Tabac rasieröl
M-keramiek scuttle
Zenith unbristled boar brush
Tabac shaving soap
Le Jaguar straight razor
Proraso alum
TFS witch hazel
Proraso green as, de vergulde hand balm

I didn't shave for two days. Brush is already working really well. Low budget high quality.

Monday morning and that is the right day to use another cremé from the updraft. Not that the TOBS Peppermint does not please me no, on the contrary, this cream has one of the finest "earthy" peppermint scents. Why then posted in the layout program so the curious readers will rightly wonder?
Well there is a view through my young friend on a peppermint soap in which even delicious menthol crystals are processed, can it get any better?

But now something completely different, isn't it true that you start to appreciate something when you use the lesser alternative again after a long time?

Today the R41/ 2013 was used again and it becomes clear that compared to my new American generation razors such as Wolfmann, Timeless, and especially the Paradigm in terms of shaving comfort, the R41 clearly lacks balance.

Even with the deliberate placement of a Carbon blade that forces you to shave a little more quietly the R41 feels "rougher".
Mission accomplished because already during shaving you long for those comfortable razors that are also the better in terms of efficiency.

C6BC30B9-9A9F-42E7-AC60-9293B2E4F81C.jpeg

Razor: CTAPT 1.18 OC, Satin
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: De Vergulde Hand originele kapperskwast
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Weleda After Shave Balsem
EDT: Nivea Just Blue

SvdD 20211026.
o46rTca.jpg

Proraso pre-shave crème (rood).
Kwast noten / APShaveCo SynBad borstelkop.
Razor Master "Santtu" scheerzeep.
Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" greep.
Wizamet Super Iridium (4).
Alexander Simpson "Sandalwood" ASB.

Tabac rasieröl
M-keramiek scuttle
J&T rubberset brush
Tabac shaving cream
DS Cosmetics Z0 + Ladas #4
Proraso alum
TFS witch hazel
Tabac original as, tabac as balm

DS Cosmetics Z0 (R41) is a very efficient razor, but for me not very comfortable. Maybe it is the blade combo. I will use the muhle r41 with a ladas in the near future.

Back