ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Okt. 6th - Okt. 12th 2019

maranatha

• Martin de Candre Fougere
  • Simpson Commodore x3
  • R41
  • ASS
  • Myrsol Formula Extra
  • Chanel Antaeus EdT
IMG_20191006_071030.jpg

RazoRock 400,
Mama Bear's Grapefruit Ice,
Paradigm 17/4,
Lord Platinum (1),
Antica Barberia Colla Apricot Hull.

IMG_20191006_093133.jpg

The Paradigm isn't the best headshaver, it clogs with the week old hairs pretty fast :)
The Lord blade is a little tuggy, but the face feels smooth.

Enjoy the Sunday!

603A9393-F2D4-4819-9FB3-1BED17787396.jpeg

Otto Busch 164
Stirling Sandpiper
Ace silvertip
Pereira shavery bowl
Osma alum
DVH asb
Mennen Skin Bracer

Enjoyable shave. Smooth in 3 passes without the slightest irritation.
Great soap. The brush not so great. Although it feels nice it has the tendency to absorb the lather deep within the knot making it rather hard to get and keep enough lather on the face.
Loud little bugger this blade.
Can’t wait for the next shave, the Wicawa 6/8 is up next.

2317AA20-75B1-44A1-BFB3-90A747C8E658.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30 mm
Declaration Grooming - Chaipre
Tatara Nodachi
Personna Lab Blue (1)
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol 1919 Don Miguel + Emulsion

The Tatara fits very well with sharper blades. With the Personna it was a very Smooth and effective shave. Have a good day!

Menthol Monday:

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/new Rapira
Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS
Stirling Glacial Spearmint ASB
B&M Arctique AS Splash
Bleu de Chanel EdP

Yesterday for some reason the Gillette blade felt a bit rough although it performed very well and that surprised me a lot because it was brand new so I changed it up to a new Rapira and it felt a lot smoother as well as very comfortable. The Glacial Spearmint soap’s scent is so lovely - it filled the bathroom, I had two boatloads of fabulous, bone chilling lather and such a great postshave feeling. The matching balm, together with the Arctique aftershave brought the freeze to a crazy level. Three passes did the job and I’m as smooth as silk!

Have a great week!
6629E18A-0C44-4443-874A-A1D8E092C6D4.jpeg

Yehuda

@Yehuda D

[/QUOTE]
Yesterday for some reason the Gillette blade felt a bit rough although it performed very well and that surprised me a lot because it was brand new
[/QUOTE]

What type of Gillette was it? Gillette has a lot of blades and the quality differs a lot is my experience.

Hi Friends,

here my Sotd from Sunday (06.10.2019)

Razor: Weber
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Soap: Barrister and Mann Nocturne
Brush: Nightdiver's Honeystick
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Brandy Spice

Maaaaaan, what a fantastic shave!!! This is way i love autumn.

After a hard and busy day at work, i shaved after coming home from work and after having a great dinner.

So, i went into the bathroom, soaked the brush and the pre-soaked the soap while i softend up my whiskers with hot water.

Swirled on the soap for about 30 seconds and had a great smelling, shiny and protective lather to shave with. Up to the face with it.

The Weber glided through my whiskers like a hot knife through butter. Damn smooth and gentle with my reference Blade.

After 3 joyful passes (with, across and again) with only minor touch ups, i was smooth as a dolphin.

Which Aftershave? Pinaud Clubman Brandy Spice which complemented the soap extreme good.

All in all, i had a LOT of fun.

Hope you are fine and enjoy (and enjoyed) your shaves. Take care.

Greetings
Thorsten

Declaration Grooming Washington B3 Nebula
Tallow & Steel - Boreal
Onbekend - Merkur travelrazor (t)
Voskhod (4?)
Tunney Alum

What I love about this soap is the fact it is both warm and woody, as well as fresh pinetree-y, which is wood in itself of course. Great lather as well. Interesting how the tallow in this soap is less prominently smellable than that of some other tallowbased soaps.
Perfectly smooth in three, working with my brand new block of Tunney.

Back