ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Richmondesi has left the building

Paul

Gents, just a note to let you know that richmondesi is gone, and I changed my username to Paul. Sorry for the confusion, but I was tired of the blue hairy man :)

Cheers,

Paul

Paul, Welcome!

Unless you specifically object, I would like to alter the database so that all your previous posts also show the moniker "Paul" instead of Richmondesi.

Kind regards,
Bart

Bart,

That would be just fine with me. I honestly couldn't care less about my post count being the same... :)

Thanks for the re-welcome :thumbup:

Best,

Paul

Bart said:
Paul, Welcome!

Unless you specifically object, I would like to alter the database so that all your previous posts also show the moniker "Paul" instead of Richmondesi.

Kind regards,
Bart

Done!

Now looking for your post count...

Assuming Paul has made another account and abandoned his original account. Judging by his post count, this seems to be the case, wouldn't it have been easier to have kept the old account and just changed the username with the admin tools?

Oh and err...welcome newb! ;)

Post count fixed as well.

PS to all: we only do this kind of database meddling for members with a long-time service record.

RicTic said:
Assuming Paul has made another account and abandoned his original account. Judging by his post count, this seems to be the case, wouldn't it have been easier to have kept the old account and just changed the username with the admin tools?

Oh and err...welcome newb! ;)

I did just change my username. The software just started the post count over :)

Thanks Bart :thumbup:

RicTic said:
Assuming Paul has made another account and abandoned his original account.

No he didn't. It is possible to change your moniker on the personal data page. But this does not update the moniker of all the previous posts made (nor the post count). Dealing with that can only be done with a couple MySQL "update" instructions.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart said:
RicTic said:
Assuming Paul has made another account and abandoned his original account.

No he didn't. It is possible to change your moniker on the personal data page. But this does not update the moniker of all the previous posts made (nor the post count). Dealing with that can only be done with a couple MySQL "update" instructions.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Glad to see it fixed. It would have been a shame for Paul not to have his previous posts and efforts unattributed to him. :thumbup:

Oh my, I saw it in RSS thread and the first thing that popped into my mind was "oops, something went wrong and Paul left us". Nice to see your reincarnation. Been there, done that. :D

best wishes,
Matt

I quite liked the pipe smoking blue guy, he seemed wise.
Paul,do you intend to be Paul on other forums.
I to like to change things up from time to time :thumbup:

Paul .Now its Ok.This man is well shaved. Don't forget that we are in a forum refered to shaving progress .
Best regards
Emmanuel

Deckard,

I'm always Paul :p

I won't change my moniker anywhere else, I don't think.

Emmanuel, good point :)

I knew a man Paul once. I bought a brush from him. Turned him blue afterwards. One of the best brushes I own.....

Back