ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Rogerit

Walid

This is really a weird razor. The way the head screws, seems to be crooked. After looking further into it, it seems to be a feature rather than a bug.
Accoording to @efsk my razor is not a Rogerit. But I beg to differ.

I purchased min from eBay USA (first picture), the second picture is from Waits compendium it shows the same box but a different razor, and the third picture is from a German retailer who has a few to sell. And it looks exactly like mine.

So, 2 options:
  1. Waits got the wrong razor picture, it wasn't from his collection, it was provided by Mauro Lorenzi. Maybe Mauro got the wrong razor
  2. Waits got the right razor, but there are two types of razors produced

At minimum, mine is legit, because it was corroborated by a retailer who sell the same item in a different country.

The Waits picture seems to show the razor as a straight cut, mine is triple slanted, Diagonal and asymmetric gap and variable gap.

According to waits the razor was produced in 1942. Some say it was used the German army at the time. Which explains its availability in military memorabilia websites.

20230203_102059.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 09.23.15.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 09.24.09.png

I was thinking, a bit after our conversation, about Apollo who made shippers with different razors on it and just a label on the tab would say what was in there. Maybe that's the case here, too.

I was thinking, a bit after our conversation, about Apollo who made shippers with different razors on it and just a label on the tab would say what was in there. Maybe that's the case here, too.

My Razor and the Waits compendium razors are so different from each other, it's like 2 different brands. could it be that he put the wrong razor there? I don't have much info about the brand. Actually, I wasn't aware of it until you mentioned to me some time ago. I was thinking of buying a straight cut and to my surprise it's a asymmetric diagonal slant. And it's incredibly weird the way the head screws to the top.

Maybe @sɐǝɹpu∀ could help out in finding the patents of the brand.

You can buy one NOS here.

Maybe @sɐǝɹpu∀ could help out in finding the patents of the brand.
Unlikely.
German patents of the time were registered by inventor, rarely by a company, and never by brand.
Many documents were destroyed when the German patent office was bombed in WWII.
Many surviving documents are only available on microfiche in the Berlin patent office's reading room.
Unless you have an inventor's name or a patent number/date it is hopeless, I'm afraid.

Back