ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Something in Cocobolo

rayman

Here is a little something in Cocobolo.

JPMleft.jpg

JPMend.jpg

JPMright.jpg

These big 7/8 wedges are a bear to work with when determining the wedge size. The amount of bow required in the scales to make the taper in the neck work properly is quite large and required several fittings and several sets as well.

Enjoy!

Ray

Stunning as always Ray...now that wedge..this one is evenly thick, right?

Or did you pull some kind of magic trick again? ;)

Regards

torbenbp said:
Stunning as always Ray...now that wedge..this one is evenly thick, right?

Or did you pull some kind of magic trick again? ;)

Regards

No slight of hand here Torben. The wedge actually does have a taper to it. Remember, the taper of the wedge MUST match the taper of the neck on these big guys. If you try to make a flat spacer, instead of a wedge, you will end up needing a whole bunch of washers between the pivot points on each side of the blade and the scales. The wood has to bow!

Ray

Ahhhh yes..upon closer inspection I see its not flat...
Sorry, didnt look close enough!

Thanks for sharing..it really is a piece of beauty

Regards

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Nice job! So you're not only a flyfisher but also a keen craftsman. Well, I'm flyfisher myself but I'm still working on the second part ... ;)

Now this a picture I can drool over all day:
JPMright.jpg

You know what they say about a thing of beauty and a joy forever.
WOW!
:thumbup:
Bart.

rayman said:
If you try to make a flat spacer, instead of a wedge, you will end up needing a whole bunch of washers between the pivot points on each side of the blade and the scales. The wood has to bow!
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Great piece, Ray. So is the advice!

kind regards,
Matt

Absolutely awesome as always from you Sir Ray
A beautiful piece for sure, you are a master :thumbup:

Back