ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Anyone know where to get flower shaped washers/collars?

You may make your own, but it is a lot of work modifying the standard large washer with a jeweler's piercing saw and files. There are, often, some other similar looking solid washers available on the 'bay. You will have to check with a search for Straight Razor Washer. The fancy ones come up from time to time.
~Richard

Good call, The ones at Michael's and other craft stores still need modification to replicate the originals. But, that may be simpler to do so than starting fresh. Many of them are a pewter mix with a dash of plating. If done correctly and thinned to washer thickness they may look elegant...if not they look like cheap bling. Beading shops sell them also.

I have purchased sterling silver flat washers from such shops. They are not cheap but when I needed them, they had them.

If you can't replicate one change both to get a uniform look. It doesn't take much to make that blade look beautiful.

Thank you for the suggestions gentlemen, I will check out michaels and hobby lobby. If the options arn't satisfactory I may just change both as suggested.

Regards
Louis

Thank you for the link! The site is under construction but gives a good example of their wares.Gave me some ideas too!
~Richard

These are some of the ones available at Michaels.

Collars-2.png

Back