ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

bad news :(

Listen to Ralfy. You know what I did? I threw all my other shit away, took my only shave ready razor (which was actually well beyond a touch up) and dulled the edge. I had to to hone that sucker otherwise I was going to be walking around with a beard. That's how it was. It gave me great determination to learn how to get that razor as sharp as it was when I first got it, and even better.

Straights take time to learn. I mean, you're learning three new skills at once, that all coincide. Stropping, shaving, honing. It's worth it though.

Seeing another "bad news" thread I'd thought you gone and cut your other finger of as well, Bart! Good to see it's just the old one. :) How's that finger coming along anyway? Have you regained it's use yet?

Justin

Stumpy and I are fine, thank you.:)

It's not bending as well as it should, but that was to be expected, according to the doctors. Every morning when I wake up, it bends about 20 degrees. Three times a day, I have to force it for about 10 minutes to 120 degrees. The sensation during those 10 minutes feels the same as someone takes a healthy finger and bends it backwards with great force.:cry: The finger is so stiff at first that I have to stuff it under my leg and sit on it with my full weight. Once the joint is stretched and exercised it's perfectly supple... for about 30 minutes. After that, it slowly reverts to the original situation. 3 times a week, I'm seeing a physical therapist. He does the same exercise, but goes on for 30 minutes, while I concentrate not to punch him in the face.:D , but no joke.
He says this will take a long time, but the joint will regain its original mobility eventually.

It doesn't affect daily tasks much, but working with stationary woodworking tools is too risky with a finger that can't fold out of harm's way properly. Maybe I'm just scared, but I'd like Stumpy to be unswollen (it's still twice the normal thickness) and fully dexter, before I start working in my woodshop again. That's the only thing, besides the pain, that really annoys me: all that beautiful wood that waits to become something useful.

It's not my intention to bore you guys with it. Just answerring Justin's question.

Bart.

Bart said:
Stumpy and I are fine, thank you.:)

It's not my intention to bore you guys with it. Just answerring Justin's question.

Bart.

Bart we care.
Twat

Bless you and Stumpy, and you need to get back on that horse sometime
Hahahaha

Not a bore at all. Good to know it's getting better. Just keep on seeing the therapist!

Good to hear your getting better, Bart.
It's a shame you have to refrain from a lot of activities, but reading how busy your daily schedule is, you could do with the rest.:thumbup:

(Is it only the woodworking you don't dare doing or also other things that require good muscle-control, like honing :cry: )

By the way, shouldn't this post belong in The Razor Hospital :lol:

Back