ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Feather AS-D2

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
A classic in the stainless steel luxury razor category is this Feather AS-D2. Stainless steel, matte finish head, which is very much like a classic Tech-head. On the heavy side. Very nicely packaged in luxury case with shipper, papers. All in all, a nice package, and one of the first razors in a long time that is actually telling me to shave with it. Will do!
DSC07340.JPG
DSC07341.JPG
DSC07342.JPG
DSC07343.JPG
DSC07344.JPG
DSC07346.JPG
DSC07348.JPG
DSC07349.JPG
DSC07351.JPG
DSC07352.JPG
DSC07353.JPG
DSC07354.JPG
DSC07355.JPG

It's one of the best-looking razors I know, despite the logo on the cap, which I normally hate.
The handle is just stunning. So precise, so crisp, so elegant. Well balanced. A joy to look at.
It's a difficult one to get the angle right and it needs a Feather blade. Once mastered it's a great razor.
The difference between "won't cut" and "efficient" is minute. You have to listen to it...
It needs to be the version with the stand though. The combination is great.
The packaging is so over the top that it is good again.
Unfortunately, I have never owned one, I only tried it on a pass around.
Then I won a WS-D2S in a raffle. Same razor, but with a resin-impregnated wood laminate handle.
It's a looker as well, but I couldn't get over the fact it didn't have that crisp stainless steel handle.
I ended up selling it wanting to buy a AS-D2S instead. Then I fell into the SE hole and it never happened.
Congratulations to a most beautiful razor.

Last edited:
Back