ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Is this is a BBW ?

macrob

Producer/ Dealer
Hello.
I'm looking for an informations about this stone. I think it could be a BBW but not sure. Thanks for any info.

83704d1322385047-help-stone-identyfication-needed-dsc00002800x600.jpg

83705d1322385070-help-stone-identyfication-needed-dsc00003800x600.jpg

83706d1322385091-help-stone-identyfication-needed-bok800x600l.jpg

83707d1322385179-help-stone-identyfication-needed-dsc00023zx.jpg

83708d1322385236-help-stone-identyfication-needed-dsc00028xh.jpg

Regards.
Maciek

No it isnt

A BBW makes purple slurry, and has more character to its surface, this to me looks like a slate based stone, eg. Thuringian, Welsh Slate etc. etc.

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

I agree completely. For me is a Thuringian.In what way the slurry produced Maciek ?
Best regards
Emmanuel

It`s definetely not a BBW but if it`s a Thuringian you are lucky as they are quite valuable;)
Torbs

FWW, I believe that it is a Thuringian. The slurry on it looks like that.The proportions of it are very like one of the standard proportions for Coticules and Thuringians; approximately 50mm x100mm. It seems to be a workman's stone as it is sawed and broken from a larger bout and not finished on the reverse side. You are very fortunate! Try it to assure that its quality is as a finishing stone. It is a classic old hone.
Here is a photo of a similar hone.
730--1sm.jpg

Toff said:

And thats what appears to be a very good example of a BBW with the bottom of the two, see how the surfaces are quite distinct, the Thuringian with its slightly blue/grey hue, and the lightly speckled purple BBW :thumbup:

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Thanks for your replies lads.
Its not my stone. Member of our newly started polish wet shaving forum asked a question about that stone.From first picture i thought its a BBW but i was wrong :). I have a Thuri myself and you guys are right its ultimate finisher.
Regards.
Maciek.

I might add that one of the Thuris I found had such holes and dings in it. After lapping they did not affect its honing properties. Just wash and rinse it well under a spray source of running water.
~Richard

Back