ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

October 17th - October 23rd 2021

While the precipitation from the heavy cloud cover made the sky grey I felt the need to shave with a summery soap.
After some contemplation, my finest rose scent with the necessary menthol crystals was extracted from the stock and the soap while foaming up I felt the sun proverbially rise.

From my American shaving friend Les I was able to obtain a new shaving brush, the Graydog Hawaiian hardwood blanks curly mango 24mm. Finest Silvertip.
Quite a mouthful but this is actually the brush in my possession that has the softest bristles, what a pleasure to soap yourself up with this.

View attachment 25287
Welcome back, good to see you again.

Reactions: ehv
SOTD 20211023.
RptgjLD.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
J&T® black walnut / APShaveCo STF.
Monsavon shaving soap "Bay Rum" (improved). *)
iKon X3 / custom handle.
Wizamet Super Iridium (1).
Jan's Bay Rum.
*) Improved Monsavon by adding shea butter, glycerine, and essential oil (Bay Rum).
See https://www.shavingsociety.com/topic/6770-gepimpte-monsavon-naar-le-père-lucien/

Last edited:
Razor: CTAPT 1.18 OC, Satin
Blade: Voskhod
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Brush: De Vergulde Hand originele kapperskwast
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Weleda After Shave Balsem
EDT: Nivea Just Blue
The Start razor is a very smooth razor, even with the maiden shave.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Wizamet SI #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad,
Lavanda,
RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P,
Rapira Super stainless 4th x,
PeReJa Lavender edc,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
L.T. Piver lotion Lavande.

SOTD_20211023.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad and Lavanda:
Another weekend away to Bourtange, my native soil in the north. So a few more days of shaving in the caravan. This morning with the J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad and Lavanda a fine lather whipped and nice lavender in the air.
Blade and razor:
Used the Rapira Super stainless for the 4th time.
The Rapira Super stainless was still hanging on the magnet from the previous trip. Great on cut. The RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P with this Rapira Super stainless is simply good. Effectively and comfortably smooth.
Result: BBS.
Finally: firmly finished with PeReJa Lavender edc, Weleda Aftershave Balsam and L.T. Piver lotion Lavande and the smooth face smells good for a while.

Sometimes a picture or a piece of text discussing a shaving soap will trigger the desire to shave with it.

This went for me today with the Jack Dean. So it was searching through the stash for this soap. During the search process there are several soaps that pass through your hand where you think, hey that one is delicious and then you realize that they have been sitting in the closet for a long time without being used.

So the Jack Dean delicious fresh soap with a Tea Tree and Eucalyptus scent that the true shaving fanatic much pleasure concerns ....... although there are of course gentlemen who can not appreciate this scent combination.

Anyway, wonderful lather, smooth shave because that is what the Apollo with the Feather blade does and a nice cooling finish with the 4711 Ice Cologne.
I am more than satisfied.

F9BA32B9-CD19-4BC1-98D4-F396469B25E3.jpeg

Back