ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Razorock BBS

gvw755

I just received my Razorock BBS yesterday. Many say it is a stainless steel interpretation of the Razorock Baby Smooth, however I believe there were some changes in the design, producing a better razor. The Baby Smooth was RR first venture into the CNC machined production safety razor. In this case, it was machined aluminum. There were other CNC machined razors before that such as the Stealth series and the Black Mamba, but these were prototypes and not full production models. I remember at the time it came out, I picked up the original Baby Smooth, the Fatip Gentile (another new model just out), and the Merkur 45 bakelite. The Merkur was the smoothest and most efficient shaver of all three and so the Baby Smooth was sold. In the years since the original Baby Smooth, RR had a string of excellent shavers, which included the Wunderbar, Mamba, Game Changer, and Lupo. All had lofty names to live up to and they all did. Over five years later, the BBS was introduced and so I got it to see if this razor lived up to it's lofty name.

When examining the build, design, and feel of the BBS, I did not get the impression that this was a stainless steel version of the Baby Smooth, but that this was a non slant version of the Wunderbar. I know that the original Baby Smooth was changed slightly a couple of years ago and so the BBS may be a copy of the improved design.

Fit, finish, and balance was very good, and there was no problem with blade alignment, all meeting up to RR standards.

WTG pass went very well. The shave angle was almost intuitive and there was still some angle that yo could adjust to suit your shave. About the only angle that could not be achieved is the one where it sounds like a credit card scraping your face. Like the Wunderbar, I could have stopped after the WTG pass and only touched up to get a near BBS, however the name of the razor was BBS and not NBBS and so I did an ATG pass after which it did live up to it's name without any touch up. The BBs joins the Wunderbar and the Mamba 70 to be classified as a ghost shaver - one where you need to check to see if you remembered to load a blade after the first pass, and end up with a BBS without feeling anything.

DSC03358.JPG

DSC03363.JPG

DSC03361.JPG

Back