ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Shave of the Day - May 26 - June 1

Jayaruh

sos240526.jpg

Lather Catcher Sunday's Planned Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
Arko Shave Stick
Jayaruh #119 Synthetic
Superior Lather Catcher
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Mennen Skin Bracer

Razor: The Goodfellas’ smile safety razor Legione slant
Blade: Willy’s
Soap: Faena Menthosycus
Brush: Yaqi Barber Pole Style 24mm Two Band Badger Knot Shaving Brush
Aftershave: The real De Vergulde Hand Alum with blue feet
Aftershave: Caola Barbon Aftershave
Aftershave: Faena Aftershave Balm Menthosycus

Menthol Monday

nIX8zNm.jpg

RAZOR: Gillette W4 ‘51 Tech Imbuia Wood Handle
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
BRUSH: Ariana & Evans 24mm 2-Band Finest White Tip Badger
LATHER: ‌Fine Classic Snake Bite Original Triple Milled

Warning!
Full sentences!

I'm trying out the new head Merkur has released, so far, on its Merkur 33c and Merkur 34c razors. As I've never before owned one of these, I've started with the "old" model head on the Merkur 33, which I'm very happy to own in a unique, factory silverplated, version. Today the last shave with this "old" model, next shaves will be the "new" head. Quotes as the optical differences are slight, as seen in the Merkur 33 thread, where I've shown both heads side by side.

Today I shaved with 5-day growth. My trusted formerly broken repaired vintage Merkur 37 handles this with ease: once with, once against and done. Something to do with type of beard, but more with experience with this razor. This will deliver me BBS blindfolded.

The Merkur 33 I've never held in my hands until a few weeks ago, let alone shaved with it, meaning I've had to test and try it out to get a feel for it. So the last few shaves were with this razor, but only 2, max 3days of growth. Today, it finally got to work.

The once with the grain was not enough,it needed a second pass that direction. After that, the face felt real good and smooth. One more pass against, and then a few touch ups and there I was the way my wife prefers me.

All in all, this is not a bad razor, not at all. Way better than expected. What now will happen is I'll clean this little silver beauty, put it away, at some point put it in my display to blind me win all its silver beauty when I swap them out,
Next shaves with the new head. After that, definite judgement :)

sos240527.jpg

Menthol Monday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
Ingram Shave Cream
Jayaruh #424 Synthetic
AutoStrop A2
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Mennen Skin Bracer

The Ingram Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Mennen Skin Bracer After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Skipped the shave today

Yesterday's shave
Linkidea scuttle
Dux boar brush
Proraso bleu shaving cream
Weck + personna hair shaper blade
Merkur SG/650 34c + bic
De vergulde hand alum
Dickinson witch hazel
Ombia men classic as, Nishman iceberg as balm

I got overconfident and removed the comb of the weck. I got a very close shave of my chin. So close I shaved a bit of the top layer of my skin off. I finished the shave with the Merkur and skipped today's shave.

Razor: The Goodfellas’ smile safety razor Legione slant
Blade: Willy’s
Soap: Faena Menthosycus
Brush: Yaqi Barber Pole Style 24mm Two Band Badger Knot Shaving Brush
Aftershave: The real De Vergulde Hand Alum with blue feet
Aftershave: Caola Barbon Aftershave
Aftershave: Faena Aftershave Balm Menthosycus

20bXHa8.jpg

RAZOR: Gillette ‘80s British Tech Ipe Wood Handle
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
BRUSH: Frank Shaving 24mm Silvertip Badger
LATHER: Taylor‌ ‌of‌ ‌Old‌ ‌Bond‌ ‌Street‌ ‌Sandalwood‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Cream‌
POST: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion​

28/05/2024
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson stainless steel Shave #1
Tatara Muramasa Titanium Setting 3 first pass, Setting 2 second pass Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Pre-Shave Oil Soap: Saponifico Varesino Cubebe
Brush : Omega Pure Badger Brush.
Lather bowl : Fine Accoutrements After Shave Saponifico Varesino Cubebe

1000025472.jpg

sos240528.jpg

Tabac Tuesday's Cold Water Shave

Cold Water Rinse
Tabac Shave Soap
Jayaruh #424 Synthetic
AutoStrop A2
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Tabac After Shave

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #424 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor and the Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

cqxcL8O.jpg

Gillette ’47 Milord
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive 20mm Silvertip Badger
Fine Lavender Pour Homme Classic Triple-milled Shave Soap
Fine Lavender Pour Homme Classic Aftershave Splash

Back