ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

W&B restoration

Salmo

Straight razor from the string quartets :rolleyes:

( W&B, F.Reynolds, Wostenholm, J.Rodgers)

meretezIMG_5486.jpg

meretezIMG_5488.jpg

meretezIMG_5490.jpg

blade: Wade&butcher 8/8, in good condition. Some rust.

scale: new water buffalo horn, the same size as the original
wedge: original alu
pins: silver bull-eyes

Salmo

Very nice!

I have the same kind of blade lying around without scales, if I can fix it up at least half as good as this one I'll be a happy man.

Fantastic work.

Salmo, could you please tell me, what you use for pitting removal after the very first, crude rust fighting? Sometimes I have the blades like this, and the only thing I'd like to do would be to remove a little more of black spots. I don't aim for mirror finished, luster-like surface, just getting rid of the black thing inside the pits. Any hints, please?

regards,
Matt

Very Nice work and a great razor saved for another hundred years+
Thanks!
~Richard

Matt said:
Fantastic work.
I don't aim for mirror finished, luster-like surface, just getting rid of the black thing inside the pits.

Hai Matt !

I use, hard felt with abrasive paste (P80 P120 P180 P320) Then I use a polishing pastes. (three varieties)

The solution to your problem in a Scotch Brite wheel http://www.3m.com/product/information/scotch-brite-wheel.html
Sometimes I use myself. Diameter: 150mm, widht: 30 mm, speed: 1400rpm.

Salmo

Thank you, Salmo.

I did use 120 paste, but it gave me rather polishing, than stain removal. Maybe the reason was that I was using cotton wheels rather than hard felt. :)

cheers,
Matt

Back