ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Accidentaly hit the BIN button!

wdwrx

Uh oh.
:w00t:
Coming in the mail.

A matched set (6) Shapleigh NOS razors! Woot! $33.00 each!

Solves my "shortage of razor" problem;)

I'm not sure what to do with 'em. One side of me thinks I should dump 'em 5 of them one by one for a slight mark-up, the other side of me thinks "Wow! Six identical razors would make one heck of a test bed for eleminating variables in honing.... maybe I should ask to be allowed into the researchers group;) "

BTW... what's the word on Shapleigh??? I hope they are decent shavers.

Wow! Nice score!

I would imagine those are razors that Shapliegh had made-to-order. As I understand it, US hardware companies very often would buy generic (usu. Solingen, sometimes American) blades and stamp their name on them. They look might fine to me. If you do decide to let them go, I'd take one off your hands for sure.

Nice hunt, mate! I see they are mentioned around pretty often, so it's a chance that they might be worth something. Some interesting info (presumably) on this company is here. But, hmm, why do you bid first and ask about the quality later? :blink:

Anyway, if it's too many for you, I can take care of one. :lol:

cheers,
Matt

Matt said:
But, hmm, why do you bid first and ask about the quality later? :blink:
ha ha ha...:) Very typical of me.....
I was pretty sure it was a good bet though. As I've seen mentioned "crappy razors are a modern innovation". I didn't really think I could go wrong at that price per razor.... I've bought worse off BST for more.
Thanks for the link Matt, I'll browse through it tonight after work.

Cheers,
-Chris

Chris, keep them, keep them all!
a full weeks rotation (ok so maybe add a posh one for Sundays) and enough hone fodder to master your skills with
Awesome :thumbup:

Best Wishes
Ralfson (Dr)

JimR said:
Wow! Nice score!

I would imagine those are razors that Shapliegh had made-to-order. As I understand it, US hardware companies very often would buy generic (usu. Solingen, sometimes American) blades and stamp their name on them. They look might fine to me. If you do decide to let them go, I'd take one off your hands for sure.

Yup, they're nice. I regret selling mine, although the spike on the one I had was particularly vicious. If you decide to sell, I'd like buy one, preferably in an unrestored state.

whoot! they came in today! 6 identical litter-mates. 6/8" round points in perfect shape. These babies have never even seen a hone!
I've picked the best 3 to set aside, 2 to sell, and one to keep for myself in mint NOS shape. I chose the worst looking three to play around with. One has a tiny small piece of steel embedded in the scale material, another has just a bit of staining on the tang, and a little mark in the grind at the shoulder where the grinder made a tiny error. The third has a couple of very faint stains on the blade. They are all almost perfect though, and the one I started with honed like a dream; nice and flat on the stone.
Time to start experimenting!

Just in time for the return of Coticule.be, I just got mine today. Pretty nice shaver, thanks Chris!

Holy Crap! Just now? That took a very long time.... My apologies.... I know Canada Post can be slow but that's something else. You must have been getting worried.
Enjoy, mine has become one of my favorites.

Back