ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Advice and help from use kind gentlemen

kerrianne

Hi guys i am looking for some help on where i could get my hands on a reasonably priced Coticule as i unfortunately dropped my husbands and it broke :cry: i think he was a tad heart broken :( . I am looking for one somewhere in the UK and if it can be a rectangular shape as the one he had was from Invisible edge and it was a very awkward shape to use so he would prefer a better shaped one. If anyone can point me in the right direction of where to get my hands on one i would be very grateful as it would give my poor ears a rest :p

Thanks

hi garry thanks for that but i got my last bout of him and if there was a bigger size than that but in that shape would be great

or would that size be all right for him as he set the bevel and did every thing else on the stone to sharpen and maintain his razors

what size are you looking for?. steve bouts are all nu 6's which are very similar to the 150x40mm in size except the bouts can come in some odd shapes

kerrianne said:
or would that size be all right for him as he set the bevel and did every thing else on the stone to sharpen and maintain his razors

i'm using a 150x 40mm la vainette and its perfect size for razors. I would go for that size. the only thing is i could 'nt say how fast it will be on slurry. i have a feeling it will most likely be la drassantes steve has , and they are quik. Steve will let you return it if your not happy. he is very good like that.

gary

hi gary thanks for that mite get him the 150x40 seems fine if your using it for razors he should have no trouble am sure his was a la drassantes stone thanks again gary your a true gentleman

You can also glue the broken stone back together, or (depending on the number and size of pieces) still use the bigger piece(s) normally after rounding off the edges. Using them as slurry stones is always an option too, so whatever you do, don't throw it away. Now THAT would be a waste.

That being said, I've heard nothing but good about theinvisibleedge. £53 delivered sounds fair for a stone that size. I never ordered anything from there myself, since I'm not English :w00t: :partyhat:

Well unfortunately i binned the broken stone :O to his disbelief. Me thinking that it was destroyed. Oh and im not English either im Scottish :p :p :p

Hi Kerri Anne,

You binned the stone. I see mileage out of that:( ... Look, if you haven't ordered from the Invisible Edge yet, send me a message and I'll send you a very nice glued combo. It's the right size and shape, a little over 6 x 1,75 (if I remember correctly...). From what I have seen so far, almost no slurry dulling. A fine stone, with a small slurry stone.
(I wouldn't mind you covering the shipping, about £10, but it's not a deal breaker...)

regards,
Torolf

Back