ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Amboyna Scales.....Again

rayman

Here is the latest set of Amboyna scales during their final wedge gluing. This is another big chopper. The scales are lined this time with white vinyl spacing material. The final pinning and polishing will probably be tomorrow, but I thought you might want to see what it looks like before that.

Ray

AmboynaRtlined.jpg

Amboynawedgelined.jpg

AmboynaLtlined.jpg

AmboynaBackLined.jpg

WOW :w00t: thats all i can say Ray WOW :w00t:

Lovely just love that wood, where is it from? and very very clever use of the magnet btw, very clever indeed

Thanks for sharing that its truly beautiful work, where do you keep finding those stunning w&b's

Thanks Ralfy,

That wood is from South America. The blades are not mine. I made these for someone else. I also made a great set of G-10 scales this week for a Wapi. I wish I could have kept that one for myself. It turned out really nice.

I see you shaved with your razor. If I have more than 1 day's growth, it usually takes 4 passes to get a complete shave. Don't expect the razor, no matter how sharp it is, to remove a heavy growth in the first pass. In fact, you might want to make that first one lighter than normal.

Ray

rayman said:
Thanks Ralfy,I see you shaved with your razor. If I have more than 1 day's growth, it usually takes 4 passes to get a complete shave. Don't expect the razor, no matter how sharp it is, to remove a heavy growth in the first pass. In fact, you might want to make that first one lighter than normal.

Ray

Thanks Ray, yeah I do 4 passes, and today I only had 1 days growth, tbh I get a better shave after 2 days growth, I think its a skin thing?
Great work again Ray

rayman said:
I also made a great set of G-10 scales this week for a Wapi.

It's kinda late, I realize, but do you happen to have some shot of this thing? I'd love to have a glimpse.

kind regards,
Matt

matis said:
rayman said:
I also made a great set of G-10 scales this week for a Wapi.

It's kinda late, I realize, but do you happen to have some shot of this thing? I'd love to have a glimpse.

kind regards,
Matt

Matt,
I do not have a photo of the G-10. They are made from fiberglass and have a similar look to micarta. Both have the layering effect going on, so you will have lines running around the edges. Very work intensive and dirty.

Ray

Back