ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

AN OLD TRANDITONAL DIAMOND HONE

G

This hone is a trnditional diamand hone as heritaze from my father It is very small
120mmX35mmX12mm.Its a two sides hone and the material betweeen is an aluminum block.
The active diamond counts 2,5mm,both sides.I dont know at all whats the binder material.
Completely diferent to the DMT .For my opignion is 600/1500.It cuts faster than DMT.
Many countries listed in the forum ,did someone see this hone in the matket or at the local shops.I have always had this question.
Emmanuel

Never seen anything like it. Looks quite interesting. I suppose you use it for rough work like bevel setting and chip removal?

Cool. You said you inherited it from your Father; any idea how old it is? Are the diamonds embedded in a matrix, or is it coated with them?

BlueDun said:
Never seen anything like it. Looks quite interesting. I suppose you use it for rough work like bevel setting and chip removal?
Just to remove chips and setting a bevel.
They are the the unique hones using to day ,this one and my coticules.
Rgds
Emmanuel

That's amazing, what a beautiful and unique stone, I have never seen anything quite like it

Thank you for sharing

Χαιρετισμοί
αφορά
Ralfson (Dr)

wdwrx said:
Cool. You said you inherited it from your Father; any idea how old it is? Are the diamonds embedded in a matrix, or is it coated with them?
Maybe 40 years ado.Diamons are embedded in the binder (dark material)
These hones was imported and were sold by the barber shops at Athens.
Rgds
Emmanuel

That's interesting. Thanks for posting, Emmanuel.

I took the liberty of fixing a missing "/" in your first post. Now all the pictures are shown in that post, as you intended it.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Back