ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

another BE member

decraew

Morning everyone!

I used to be a coticule.be / SRP member back in ... dunno, a long time ago I guess.
Glad to see all the knowledge of c.be got a new home !
I'm still a member of CCC / shavingsociety and even B&B although I have to confess I'm not active anymore. Interest in this particular hobby waned, making time for other hobbies. I don't shave anymore, or at most once every 3 months or so. Which means I'll never have to buy soap or hone another razor again as I still have plenty of that stuff around the house. I do have extremely fond memories of the time it was all new, the hair-splitting discussions about honing techniques, the resurrection of old razors, the honing sessions ... man I was obsessed with this hobby :)

Cheers,
Wim

Hi Wim,

Which means I'll never have to buy soap or hone another razor again as I still have plenty of that stuff around the house.

I am envious. You made it. You are healed from addiction. Sounds like a happy life with no hunger for more "toys".
Will I ever reach this paradise? mmmhhh... tough at the moment... my wife would love to see this change...:wife1

Welcome_At_Shavinfuniverse_Com

I'm glad I don't have that particular acquisition disorder anymore, but I've been avoiding different ones ever since as it appears I'm quite susceptible to them.
It always starts with, "I'd like a <insert whatever item>". Fountain pens, fragrances, watches ...
You want the best fit for you. So you investigate, you doubt, you buy one, then two ... and everywhere you look for info there's those who 'enable' you to start buying.
I got near with mechanical watches. Luckily these things are effing expensive therefore I had to get it under control and now, at any point, I never own more than 5 watches.

By the way, is that you in the latte art avatar ? I'm a cappucco fan myself, but I don't bother with latte art ;)

I'm glad I don't have that particular acquisition disorder anymore, but I've been avoiding different ones ever since as it appears I'm quite susceptible to them.
It always starts with, "I'd like a <insert whatever item>". Fountain pens, fragrances, watches ...
You want the best fit for you. So you investigate, you doubt, you buy one, then two ... and everywhere you look for info there's those who 'enable' you to start buying.
I got near with mechanical watches. Luckily these things are effing expensive therefore I had to get it under control and now, at any point, I never own more than 5 watches.

By the way, is that you in the latte art avatar ? I'm a cappucco fan myself, but I don't bother with latte art ;)

no, this is not me personnaly. Then I would need a third hand for the camera :D But I do latte art. Not very good, but a heart, an apple and a tree is fine for me :)

I am an Espressomaniac. This is dangerous, because I tend to open forums for my hobbies all the time. I have already a German Espresso forum (www.mahlgrad.de), but not enough time for it because of FdR and SU.

Nevertheless, I registered already a domainname for an English Espresso Community forum a long time ago (www.espressomaniacs.com)... not very logic, I know... :zeter1

But life is boring without some kind of crazyness. So I am afraid, sooner or later I will launch also an English Espresso Forum... :popo1

Hi Wim,
Long time no see!
Damned, there is a cure for extreme razor hoarding?
I love razors because they didn't take to much space, but watches is also doable I think :)
Having some other collections myself (old petrol stoves, flashlights, knives, firesteels, alladin lamps ect) but on a nice sunday, with a big band thru the speakers, i'm shaving away :)

Hi Wim, and welcome... always miss your morning pastry photos!

BTW, I hope you never get chainsaw acquisition disorder... It exists, and just as debilitating as all the others! :cool:

BTW, I hope you never get chainsaw acquisition disorder... It exists, and just as debilitating as all the others! :cool:

Chainsaws !?
Jesus, never heard about that one :rofl I must admit I'd never consider owning more than one chainsaw.
In any case I consider myself safe on that account as I only own a small house with a small garden.
Just one tree, and that one stays :)

Back