ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

April 12th - April 18th

Tjebbe

Oumo Tuxedo,
Mama Bear's Iceberg Ice,
Tatara Masamune cc,
Kai (2),
Tunney alum,
Axe Dark Temptation.

IMG_20200412_092119.jpg

The Kai was doing better in the Masamune but it wasn't a perfect combi.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Razor: Timeless 0.95 Ti OC (USA)
Blade: Hema (Netherlands)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Monsavon (France)
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Tuxedo Blue Lagoon handle (Canada)
Aftershave: Di Barba Aluin (Italy)
Aftershave: Williams Aqua Velva (UK)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave Balm (Hungary)
EDT: None

Easter Day.

Again a lovely sunny day. Shave therefore slightly cooler. A lovely 1 pass shave of head and face.(near bbs)
Unfortunately the used aftershave is at its end... Use it once more and then empty...

Rich abr Herder 7/8
Custom synthetic brush...
Stirling Eskimo tuxedo.
Alum
Givenchy pour Homme
Happy Easter.
20200412_101623.jpg

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
TFS Crazy Sandalwood,
Merkur 510 Progress,
Astra Superior Platinium 6th x,
Rebul Dark Spice,
TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB,
Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma.

SOTD_20200412.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and TFS Crazy Sandalwood:
Of the 27 brushes I use daily, the J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm I think is the most pleasant to use. Got a lot of expensive, a lot of "better ", but this OUMO does exactly what I expect it to do, feels good and because of the firm handle it lies well in the hand and not so fast in the bowl full of foam. Turning the TFS Crazy Sandalwood into a nice foam with it is nice. Nice scent, nice and easy to froth and nice to brush on the head. So start with my favorite scent.
Blade and razor:
The Astra Superior Platinium for the 6th x used.
The Astra Superior Platinium showed some weariness, but that could be adjusted with an adjustable and finally the result is such that the blade can be used again tomorrow. In the Merkur 510 Progress the Astra Superior Platinium is fine and somewhat effective to adjust, because the result is again impeccable.
Result: BBS.
Finally: a successful shave with Rebul Dark Spice, TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB and Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma puts me in the right mood for an Easter breakfast.

Looking forward to trying the Gladito @Hellas but I'm glad you sent me the black one :)
All Dutch folk: passaround for this one is Gladito Safety Razor Executive (Pass Around)
Overseas: due to customscharges it's probably not doable to include you in this one. Once we have some more US members I'll try and set up a USonly passaround, although probably with a different razor.

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Omega boar barber style brush
TGS Pino alpestre
Herder 25
Vdh alum
Dickinsons witch hazel
Pino Silvestre, Wilkinson hydro balm

This is as close I can come with my gear to 'sumptuous sunday'.
IMG_20200412_174922989~2.jpg

Looking forward to trying the Gladito @Hellas but I'm glad you sent me the black one :)
All Dutch folk: passaround for this one is Gladito Safety Razor Executive (Pass Around)
Overseas: due to customscharges it's probably not doable to include you in this one. Once we have some more US members I'll try and set up a USonly passaround, although probably with a different razor.

With the experience of a missing Seyguss still fresh in the back of our minds, I understand that a "deposit" has to be paid first.
But I think it's a lot of money and too much hassle this way so unfortunately I'm only here for this time.

Well, since I finished the Proraso white, it' s time to start with another soap.
Following weeks (months?) I will do, like I watched my grandfather did it: I will use a soapstick.

- Lathered with my J&T #2212 a wet face covered by an Arko stick
- Shaved with my Kraken 248 and a Lord Classic (3*)
- Finished with Proraso ASB
- result DFS
- For the remaining shaves of this blade, I transferred it to my most favorite razor, the Phoenix Open Comb Slant

With the experience of a missing Seyguss still fresh in the back of our minds, I understand that a "deposit" has to be paid first.
But I think it's a lot of money and too much hassle this way so unfortunately I'm only here for this time.
Fully understandable. However, these are loaners from the manufacturer, and have to be returned there, so we do not really have a choice.

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
TGS Pino alpestre
Herder 25
Vdh alum
Dickinsons witch hazel

Are you sure this is a M-keramiek scutlle ?
@jaap ouderwets scheren I'm sure that this is not the M-keramiek scuttle. It's not on the photo. I can recommend it. At home I always shave in the kitchen and then with the watercooker I boil the water and then have a nice warm lather.

IMG_20200412_200628645.jpg

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
TGS Pino alpestre
Herder 25
Vdh alum
Dickinsons witch hazel

Are you sure this is a M-keramiek scutlle ?
@jaap ouderwets scheren I'm sure that this is not the M-keramiek scuttle. It's not on the photo. I can recommend it. At home I always shave in the kitchen and then with the watercooker I boil the water and then have a nice warm lather.

Ahh , this makes it clear.
I have a scutlle from Latvia , and must agree that its a pleasure to use it.

Cold camping shave. :eek:
Razor , Pearl SSH-02 Black Dual Comb , and today used the CC. :rolleyes:
Blade , Personna Platinum ( 4 ) .
Brush , a cheep Chinese Badger with hair problems. teufel_lachend
Soap , Alphy & Becs Mandarin. :daumenhoch
3 Passes , not so bad , but I wont do a cold water shave in the near future again. Teufel
The finishing touch , EDC, the L.T.Piver Princes. :p

Razor: Timeless 0.95 Ti OC (USA)
Blade: Hema (Netherlands)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Monsavon (France)
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Tuxedo Blue Lagoon handle (Canada)
Aftershave: Di Barba Aluin (Italy)
Aftershave: Williams Aqua Velva (UK)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave Balm (Hungary)
EDT: None

Back