ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

April 17th - April 23rd

Razor: FaTip Grande OC Gold
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: Faena Pershave oil
Soap: Faena Electron
Brush: Yaqi Barber Pole Style 24mm Two Band Badger Knot Shaving Brush
Aftershave: De Vergulde Hand Alum with the beautiful nice blue feet
Aftershave: Faena aftershave lotion
Aftershave Faena aftershave balm

SOTD 20220421.
U04brXu.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (white).
Brush black walnut / APShaveCo SynBad knot.
Razor Master "Oskar" shaving soap.
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Shapu Super Stainless (1).
Clubman Pinaud "Citrus Musk" ASL.

Brush: Oumo Brush SHD G5 26mm,
Soap: TFS Bergamotto Neroli Forte,
Razor: Timeless Solid Bar scalloped 0.95,
Blade: Derby Extra Super Stainless 3rd x,
Edc: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Aftershave balsam: Cien Men Hydro Moisturizing,
Edp: Loris E-181 Noir Man.

SOTD_20220421.jpg

Brush and soap:
Oumo Brush SHD G5 26mm and TFS Bergamotto Neroli Forte:
Couple of strokes with the Oumo Brush SHD G5 26mm through the jar of TFS Bergamotto Neroli Forte and loaded. That brush is truly a lather gun. Costs a little soap, but also gives a nice load of lather. That from this TSF is also nice in scent and shaving properties.
Blade and razor:
Used the Derby Extra Super Stainless for the 3rd time.
Almost unimaginable, but the Derby Extra Super Stainless shaves again nice and smooth. Although this is the acceptable lower limit of blades for me, the result is fine. I had prepared myself for a somewhat rough shave with the Timeless Solid Bar scalloped 0.95 and the Derby Extra Super Stainless. However, that is not quite so, on the contrary it was a pleasant shave. The very effective 0.95 plate of Timeless puts blades very efficiently on the skin, but that requires no pressure, the weighty scraper gives that of itself. Just smoothly between three fingers with the waves of the skin and in three rounds I was smooth. Couldn't be better.
Result: BBS.
Finally: fresh and spicy finish with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Cien Men Hydro Moisturizing and Loris E-181 Noir Man. The Eyüp gives nice citrus freshness and the Loris complements with spiciness, which is also nice and fresh.

Brush: Mühle Black Fibre,
Soap: Kepkinh Frosty Lemon,
Razor: Lutz Slant,
Blade: Derby Extra Super Stainless 4th x,
Aftershave balsam: Cien Men Hydro Moisturizing,
Edp: Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_20220422.jpg

Brush and soap:
Mühle Black Fibre and Kepkinh Frosty Lemon:
The Mühle Black Fibre is a fine lather maker. That brush isn't very densely set, but the bristles are fairly stiff yet supple to shave with. Is already an older synthete, but comes along well with the newer fibers. Kepkinh Frosty Lemon is also an easy soap to lather up, so the start was good again.
Blade and razor:
Used the Derby Extra Super Stainless for the 4th time.
The Derby Extra Super Stainless again does a fairly good job, but is already noticeably on the decline. The Lutz Slant shaves reasonably basic with this Derby Extra Super Stainless. However 4x is for this blade 1x too little, most Derby's reach with me 5x. So tomorrow use 1x more, but that will be a surprise with a totally new razor.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Cien Men Hydro Moisturizing and Loris E-048 Cool Water. The lime and the full freshness of the Cool Water complete the experience.

SOTD 20220422.
g4QK8ZD.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
Stork caprolon / Tuxedo.
Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" shaving cream.
Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" handle.
Shapu Super Stainless (2).
Boğaziçi Lime EdC.

SOTD 20220423.
AgLH7cM.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
OUMO Brush resin and huanghuali wood / SHD G5 SYN knot.
Alexander Simpson "Lime Ultra-Glide" shaving cream.
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Shapu Super Stainless (3).
Clubman Pinaud "Lime Sec" ASL.

Proraso green preshave
M-keramiek scuttle
La Maison du barbier synthetic brush
Tabacco verde forte shaving soap
Feather SS AC + proshave blade
Knockout + Treet platinum
Proraso alum
TFS witch hazel
L'occitan cade balm
L'occitan cade edt

Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm,
Soap: BdF Esclusivo,
Razor: Homelikeshaving TAIGA AISI 316L (satin),
Blade: Derby Extra Super Stainless 5th x,
Aftershave balsam: Kneipp Lotion Lavender ,
Edp: Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_20220423.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm and BdF Esclusivo:
Today's shave was a bit later, than usual, first had to pick up the razor at a postal point. When everything was complete I made a nice lather with the Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm and BdF Esclusivo. I don't need to praise this anymore, as those who read my Sotd's more often know that I am very fond of TFS soaps.
Blade and razor:
Used the Derby Extra Super Stainless for the 5th time.
The Derby Extra Super Stainless went on for the 5th x and then disappeared into the savings jar. The blade is over the top, but still performed acceptably through the razor I estimate. Fine smooth namely without touching up. My arsenal of razors expanded with a Homelikeshaving TAIGA AISI 316L (satin). In this the Derby Extra Super Stainless was once again pushed to a good performance, but my experience and skin feeling tells me, that the blade is finished, which is usually the case after 5x. Yet it was not so bad, because although I used the razor for the first time, it was immediately clear that this is a nice piece of technique. The skull on 2.5 and the face on 4 and restless smooth. This thing shaves well although I can only really judge it after a few blades. However, the first encounter invites to more. I must say that I immediately felt where Hans K.'s struggle with the balance comes from. Objectively, the balance point lies just below the adjusting ring. At first glance, the shank is a bit flimsy for the head. It does not bother me when shaving, but a slightly longer and heavier handle will feel better for hands like coal shovels. Again it does not bother me and the result with the weighty head without pressure on the skin is sublime. Need to experience some more, but this razor definitely plays in my major league for a high score!
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Kneipp Lotion Lavender and Loris E-048 Cool Water on it and now just waiting for the next outgrowth.
*** Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) ***

Unfortunately not so often present here, but the shaves continue. Today/tonight shave with a razor found at a flea market. Gillette with the date stamp F4. (last quarter 1960). The result was a pleasant shave on position 7.

Gillete+rapida blade.
st James of london sandalwood & bergamot. synthetic brush.
alum.
Paco Rabanna Phantom.
20220423_202933.jpg

Back