ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

April 18th - April 24th

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Murphy & Mc Neil Nantahala,
Henson Shaving AL13,
Gillette Nacet (2),
Murphy & Mc Neil Nantahala aftershave splash.

IMG_20210418_092559.jpg

Clean shaven!
The Henson is a nice razor for my weekly headshave.

Have a nice Sunday gentlemen. Today’s morning shave was
  • I Coloniali Rabarbaro
  • Nightdivers Bruyere 26mm 2-band
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • Right: Böhlerstahl 5/8, stropped on
  • Strop-IT 77, Goat-leather
  • Links: Böhlerstahl 5/8: stropped on
  • Strop-IT 77, Cordovan-leather
  • Ralon Original
EADF39F8-D5E0-4D16-996A-2C5405A81B59.jpeg

Noxzema Protective Shave,
Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush,
D.R. Harris Twenty Nine,
Gillette 7'O Clock New Made in England,
Gillette Nacet Stainless (Russia) 2nd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Cien Men Hydro Care,
Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave.

SOTD_20210420.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush and D.R. Harris Twenty Nine:
Noxzema Protective Shave used this morning as my scalp is a bit sensitive. Generally I don't notice much use for preshave products, but in this situation it soothes some and gives some cooling. Then with the Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush a nice layer of D.R. Harris Twenty Nine foam and the shaving could start again.
Blade and razor:
The Gillette Nacet Stainless for the 2nd time. The Gillette Nacet Stainless (Russia) has a nice smooth and comfortable cut, which is good. The Gillette 7'O Clock New Made in England with the Gillette Nacet Stainless (Russia) is a very user-friendly combo, so fine. Result BBS.
Finally, refreshing with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, some Cien Men Hydro Care and Myrsol "Don Miguel 1919" After Shave. This Myrsol remains for me a somewhat indeterminate smell, which I do not particularly like. In itself, nothing wrong with it, but there is an undertone in the scent that appeals to me less, a slight putrefaction(?).

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
J&T Virginia Sheng badger
Wilkinson shaving stick
P Hospital Le grelot 30
Proraso alum
Humphrey's witch hazel
Cien aqua as, Cien as balm

I used a herold adjustable strop with chrome oxide for the grelot. The razor doesn't feel overly sharp, but after the first pass there was only need for some touch up.

Back