ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

April 19 - April 25

Turkish thursday
Arko sensitiv shaving cream
Universal shavette + Lord classic ss
Missed opportunity for the use of Derby blades.

Yes, that's true. I also should have used the arko gold as and my abzehk brush. I have used this shavette now a number of times. It's a good shaver and also works well with derby extra blades.

There are a lot of opinions about derby extra blades pro and contra.

To sum it up if somebody in the White House would be asked about the derby extra blade he would answer like this: 'I'm hearing a lot of things about those derby extra blades. Some seem to like them, some don't. I might try them sometime. We will see what happens with those. A fact that no on knowes about them is that they are from Turkey. I'm a big fan of that Erdogan guy. I have the biggest Towers in Istanbul. Great, big and beautifull towers.'

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Biolijf Lust,
Paradigm 17-4,
Feather (1),
Lea after shave bálsamo.

Picture was of today, but the text was of yesterday...

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Lea Classic,
Paradigm Diamondback,
Feather (2),
Lea after shave bálsamo.

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
Organic Olive Coal,
Gillette Slim adjustable,
Captain Red carbon 2nd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Seinz. After Shave Balsam,
Loris E-012 Attitude.

SOTD_20200424.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and Biolive Olive Coal:
The J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm if the 2nd Biolive soap, the Olive Coal, beats to foam. That's quite easy, but listen very carefully to the right amount of water. Say a bit of a turning point from good to blowy. I get that, the smell is good with emphasis on the citrus and a slight undertone of the patchouli, but is fast during shaving. Enough, but no lasting smell after rinsing. Still, I already like the soap and I have to give it a little more chance.
Blade and razor:
Used the Captain Red carbon for the 2nd time.
The Captain Red carbon gives me a nice soft carbon cut with a nice smooth result in the end. The Gillette Slim adjustable can be used for the last round at 9 with the Captain Red carbon. Although effective, it still remains a comfortable whole.
Result: BBS.
Finally: with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon Plenzen, Seinz. After Shave Balsam moisturize and Loris E-012 Attitude, which has lemon, coffee, cardamom, lavender, cedar and patchouli as fragrance composition and fits nicely with the Biolijf Oldskool.

573C5902-A13F-4927-8602-6A75DFA2B9E8.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Bleubeards Revenge
Shaving Soap / Cream: Stirling Gin & Tonic on the rocks menthol

Aftershave: Weleda
Aftershave Balm: Weleda

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger 2 bander

DE-Razor: iKon 102
DE-Blade: Feather 4x

After a few weeks, finally get a shave in the bathroom.
Only one pass but how wonderful it was again.

Shaving Soap / Cream: Stirling Gin & Tonic on the rocks menthol

Aftershave: Weleda
Aftershave Balm: Weleda

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger 2 bander

DE-Blade: Feather 4x

After a few weeks, finally get a shave in the bathroom.
Only one pass but how wonderful it was again.
How mutch we missed the bathroom !

Morris & Forndran Style 3, Size 2 in Finest, Ivory Grain
Meißner Tremonia - Pink Grapefruit
Gladito (se)
Voskhod (1)
Tunney

Still a bit searching for the angle, got the impression the coating drags a bit. All in all a good shave, will try with a different brand blade next time.

Razor: Timeless 0.95 Ti OC (USA)
Blade: Hema (Netherlands)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: KEPINH Vanilla (Greece)
Brush: Yaqi 24 Barberpole 2 band badges (China)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (The Netherlands)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Origina

Camping shave.
Razor , Merkur Futur Clone , the Chinese version , ex The King.
Blade , Personna Platinum ( 6 ) , and trashcan , but , verry good blades.
Brush , Hans Baier Silvertip Badger.
Soap , Starsoaps Lemon & Eucalyptus , ex The King , and after the shave my whole caravan smells !!
3 Passes , nice , good , but not BBS.
Duru Limon Cologne.

Semogue SOC Badger Cherrywood,
Mühle Sanddorn,
RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P,
Captain Red carbon 3rd x,
Rebul Lavanda,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-108 Hugo.

SOTD_20200425.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue SOC Badger Cherrywood and Mühle Sanddorn:
Smooth fragrant shave with nice foam beaten with the Semogue SOC Badger Cherrywood from Mühle Sanddorn. Mühle soap is fine, nothing excellent, but soap as shaving soap should be. It has a nice smell of sea buckthorn, as it smells on hot summer days in the dunes on the coast. Good shaving foam, which takes a lot of water.
Blade and razor:
The Captain Red carbon for the 3rd time used.
Another successful turn with the Captain Red carbon. Of the kind there is little room for improvement. Was curious if the RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P also has an effect on the Captain Red carbon, like many other blades, namely that they get just a little bit better cut. Well I don't have to complain about the Captain Red, fine blade and indeed in the Game Changer that is underlined once more! Great combo.
Result: BBS.
Finally: scented with flowers by splashing with Rebul Lavanda, smearing with Weleda Aftershave Balsam and a puff Loris E-108 Hugo. Another beautiful start of the day.

Hamburg Ring 6/8
WD syntheet30mm
Mama Bear Dragon blood.
Old spice Whitewater.
20200425_124619.jpg

A lovely Saturday morning shave. Ready for an hour and a half trip to other part of the Netherlands. And then back tonight, so that won't be a drink on grandson's birthday.
A nice weekend

2884D6D1-9D7D-4ED1-9CF9-D52D3880A9B4.jpeg

Shaving Soap / Cream: TFS Crazy Sandalwood

Aftershave: DR Harris Sandalwood
Aftershave Balm: TOBS Sandalwood gel
Eau de Toilette: TOBS Sandalwood

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 26 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger DO1

DE-Blade: Feather 1x

Today for the thirteenth consecutive shave the IKon 102 slant in combination with a Feather blade.
And then you notice that it's nice to be able to change a scraper all the time, but that it's also nice to use a scraper several times to get to the bottom of it.
In other words, a fantastic shave.

Slant Saturday

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Cella shaving soap (I'm trying to finish it)
Omega barber style boar brush (omega 10098)
Fatip lo storto OC + Lord classic SS #1
Vdh alum
Dickinsons with hazel
Vitos tobacco AS, Isana ultransensite balm

I was carefull that the blade was alligned with the bar. Two passes and a nick and I was done.

@Rudolf1 Congrats with your grandson in these times. Have nice day!

Back