ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

August 1st - August 7th

LiJüN silvertip 3 band,
Proraso Rood,
Gillette New Made in England,
Carrefour Personna? 1e x,
Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS,
Arko Nem Avokado ASB,
Provence et Nature Santal Absolu.

SOTD_20210804.jpg

Yesterday's shave

Prep
Yaqi sagrada familia brush
La toja shaving stick
Feather ss ac + kai titan pink
Vdh alum
Humphreys witch hazel
Erica's rooibos as lotion, lea as balm

Today

Prep
Yaqi sagrada familia brush
Tabac shaving stick
WTF slant + rapira ss #5
Vdh alum
Humphreys witch hazel
Erica's rooibos as lotion, lea as balm

Rainy weather here today. So just sit today out. Tomorrow will be better.

Have a nice day!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #16
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Court-Of-Wolves-Robyn-Young.jpg

J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm,
Einseifer Wiener Duft,
Gillette Tech,
Carrefour Personna? 2nd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Abzehk Avocado,
Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_20210805.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm and Einseifer Wiener Duft:
While I was stirring in the Einseifer Wiener Duft this morning with the J&T® Essen Jiamei Cosmetic imitation bristle 24 mm, to turn this hard soap into a nice lather, it occurred to me, that I can classify all of these types of soaps under barbershop scent. To me, a lot of soaps smell fresh soapy Mediterranean. I associate that with barbershop. I have quite an assortment of them. Nice, but also 13 in a dozen. This one in any case lathers well and with its fresh light floral scent is absolutely pleasant to use.
Blade and razor:
Used the Carrefour Personna? for the 2nd time.
The Carrefour Personna? does a great job, nice tight cut. Fine blade, which I am pretty sure comes from the same line, where also the Personna Reds in Israel come from. Nice forgiving combination, the Gillette Tech with Carrefour Personna?, with which I shave smoothly.
Result: BBS.
Finally: refresh with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, groom with Abzehk Avocado cream and fresh Loris E-048 Cool Water scent.
Ready for another day.

My brad sears/morris&forndran xl1 made great lather of the ToBS lavender cream, and the broken vintage 37 with a Voskhod I should have replaced mowed away almost a week of whiskers like it was nothing. Perfect quicky.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #17
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Aaaaaaaaaah Tabac, GOD ALMIGHTY!!, I love this old tallow formula, I'm all stocked up for a very very very long time supplies of Tabac tallow formula in my den.

Sorry non-tallow vegan crap, I am not touching the new non-tallow Tabac until I RIP.

Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo,
La Maison de Marseille Tonifiant,
Apollo OC,
Carrefour Personna? 4th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Cien Men Hydro Age Q10,
Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma.

SOTD_20210807.jpg

Brush and soap:
Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo and La Maison de Marseille Tonifiant:
Another one of those nice fresh floral soaps that evokes barbershop-like impressions in me with a nice Mediterranean note: La Maison de Marseille Tonifiant. Nothing special or outstanding, just pleasant shaving soap. The Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo turns it into a nice firm lather. Fine foam that is good to shave with.
Blade and razor:
Used the Carrefour Personna for the 4th time.
The Carrefour Personna is still nicely on cut. The Apollo OC with this Carrefour Personna? Is an effective combo, no fuss. A simple good shaving razor. So, nice and smooth.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Cien Men Hydro Age Q10 and Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma on it and again completely satisfied and well shaved.

Back