ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Continued Success with #56

cyclelu

Yesterday I honed another razor this time on the BBW. The razor is a Wade & Butcher 4/8, my first ebay special. This blade had only been honed by me on Shaptons and was always a pretty good shaver although small.

I followed the Unicot method as I have not yet ventured into the Dilocut method. It only took about 2 sets of half strokes to shave arm and leg hair (not much arm hair left) without any problems along the entire edge. tried the hht after finishing on plain water. The hht was hit and miss. However after stropping the hht was easily done along the entire edge at about 1/2 inch from the hold point.

The true test, the shave test was ultra smooth. I could not comment on any difference between the BBW & Yellow edge as both are smoother than any previous edge I have gotten. Although this is a small blade it wiped the whiskers from 1 & 1/2 days growth from my face effortlessly. The blade never encountered any resistance, not even in the rougher areas.

The next adventure will be to delve into Dilucot.

Have a wonderful weekend all.
Lu

Well done Lu :thumbup:

It can only get better my friend, and what a great start :thumbup:

Hone On!

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Thank you Gentlemen!

I could not have done it without the work and instructions that you provide.

I think I may need to get a couple more Coticules.

Lu

cyclelu said:
I think I may need to get a couple more Coticules.

Ah well now that's a common problem Lu, the best advice as far as that goes is in the opinion of "the infamous coticle crew" don't rush into getting another stone, believe me it takes time and A LOT of experience to truly master one hone, adding more to the mix leads to frustration, and a longer learning curve.

Not long ago I sold one of mine to fund the purchase of a smaller example of the same layer, I owned the first one for about a year, I have had it's smaller counterpart for maybe 3 months, and only now would I say I know that stone well

That said, of course it's nice to have one or 2 to choose from, however if you do go for it, watch for the common pitfall of thinking that if your results don't meet your expectations, its easy to think one of your others will do the job better, it's a tail chasing ride Lu ... Lol
My warmest regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Ralfy,

Thank you for the advise. I am so happy with my one Coticule that the only reason I would get another would be just for a smaller stone.

I know that I still have much to learn, but I have really enjoyed the process so far.

Take care my friend.

Lu

cyclelu said:
Ralfy,

Thank you for the advise. I am so happy with my one Coticule that the only reason I would get another would be just for a smaller stone.

I know that I still have much to learn, but I have really enjoyed the process so far.

Take care my friend.

Lu

I cant fault you there Lu, and often surprise myself with the results I get from a small Coticule

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Back