ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Coti Noob and the BBW

Danricgro

I just got my first coti a little over a week ago a LGB bout and liked it so much I immediatly got another one a 175X50 natural combo, don't know the layer buts it's much faster than the LGB. I have already gotten very good edges from these using the Dilocut method (probably got lucky). Anyway I am wondering how you use the BBW? I really have no clue what to do with it but it would be nice to get some use out of it. Thank you gentlemen.

Dan

The BBW can be used with a light slurry to refine the edge after bevel setting.
It'll max out the keeness better than most coticule's. Finish on the coticule side with water only for a smoother shave.
Sounds to me like you won't be needing it though. :thumbup:

I think Bart and some of the other members have been doing extensive tests with the BBW. The results of which are soon to be revealed. Don't know exactly what, but knowing these guys it's bound to be interesting.

Indeed the humble BBW is a very versatile and underated stone, I enjoy using mine a lot, they can be used as said in a progression with a Coticule, and also on their own, to perform a full hone that gives a very nice shave, we have done some extensive research on these blue beauties, the results of which should be available soon

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Thank you! I really wish I did not have so much to do today, really want to play with my new stones. These things are addicting, already thinking about getting another.

Back