ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

coticule id

kishti22

Hi guys,
Glad to be back after the break! I got my first coticule from the invisible edge and i have recently started to get the most out of the hone as it gives good sharpness from slurry. Any information on the hone will be much appreciated .
Many thanks michael

That's a tough one to determine. Can you share a better picture of the surface structure?

Kind regards,
Bart.

Many thanks Bart for reply. will try to take better picture when the light is more suitable in the morning, sorry for the picture quality
michael

I'm not sure. It could be La Dressante, or otherwise La Grosse Blanche. If you really want to know, place it in direct sunlight, with a coin on the surface. After a day, compare the spot were the coin blocked the sunlight with the rest of the surface. If the surface darkened, it's a La Grosse Blanche. If not, it's a La Dressante. Your assessment that the stone offers high keenness on slurry points in the direction of the latter.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Back