ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Curdts Nachf Solingen.

macrob

Producer/ Dealer
Here it is.

5/8 Curdts Nachf in beech scales ( it didn't came with original scales).Scales finished with Shellac and CA.

100B4180.jpg

100B4230.jpg

100B4210.jpg

100B4250.jpg

100B4270.jpg

100B4280.jpg

Regards.
Maciek.

Nice,nice,nice Maciek. I don't know this kind of wood. At first glance i thought is olive oil tree root(lupo).I suspect you use CA as pores filling primer and then shellac. As best shellac quality i suggest Luna or Astra ,for me resists more to humidity.Another stellar material instead shellac
is <True oil> suitable for the gun stocks,very easy to find in USA and Canada and bright if you like the brightness.
Nice work my friend.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Thank you Emmanuel.
Actually i put three or four coats of shellac and then about 6 coats of CA. The wood is a spalted beech. Here is a picture of it used as a background.
100_4115.jpg

I used Shellac for a first time on razor scales and i like the result.

I'm trying to set a bevel on that razor with my coticule and i'm in the half way. I really enjoy of honing on coticules and i'm regreting that i not bought one before.:) It gives so good results.

If you don't like a coarser stone to set the bevel ,hone on slurry again and again ( making fresh slurry from time to time).Once the razor shaves well your arm hair continue on normal dilucot process.
Good luck and i am sure that if you have the skill to perform works like here ,is so easy to hone a razor on a coticule.
Best regards
Emmanuel

Thanks Emmanuel.
I'm doing exactly as you described. I used two layers of tape and bevel is quite narrow. The middle of the edge is shaving hair. Now i'm performing rolling x stroke to hone toe and heel. I'm still learning of my stone. It is like complete new world to discover.:)

Back