ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Dec. 22th - Dec. 28th 2019

9C5C4125-3783-4216-8225-3F4334A79284.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30mm
Catie’s Bubbles La Terra Verte
Homelike Shaving START - 1.18mm
Timor (1)
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol Formula F + Emulsion

This razor is good but I am not very impressed by the performance. In my modest razor collection there are definitely better razors. However, this razor is friendly priced. So when you are looking for a good price-quality ratio, this razor is worth the consideration. Have a good day!

Omega 10019,
Mama Bear Sandalwood Rose,
Rockwell Razors 6s,
Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel 1st x,
PeReJa Rose edc,
Regina Floris Rose Oil of Bulgaria ASG,
Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature.

SOTD_20191227.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 10019 and Mama Bear Sandalwood Rose:
My simplest brush, the Omega 10019 was allowed to beat with the Mama Bear Sandalwood Rose foam this morning. Well that is entrusted to that sturdy little pig! Nice thick lobed fragrant rose foam with some earthiness and woodiness.
Blade and razor:
The Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel for the 1st time used.
Although not a favorite, the Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel was quite useful. No idea who makes these blades, but they are usable on average, but not a top. Probably the combination Rockwell Razors 6s with the Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel is pretty well matched, but the best thing about it is the razor. Nice and smooth in 3 laps, that is okay, but with a Rapira PL it feels a lot easier.
Result: BBS.
Finally: The rozarium complete with PeReJa Rose edc, Regina Floris Rose Oil of Bulgaria ASG and Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature edp. Tasty roses today.

Actually yesterdays shave:

Omega Proraso boar
Pereira bowl
Palmolive Classic cream
Robuso 4712 5/8
Osma alum
Nuage asb
Mennen as

Not much to write home about. Was the first time with this cream...and the last. It does what it has to do, but thats it. There’s nothing for me that makes it nice or special. Not the scent, nor the performance. I’ve got more than enough other soaps and creams that i like much better. I gave it to my father-in-law.
3 pass shave. 1st pass felt harsh, 2nd and 3rd a lot better. Little to none irritation according to the alum block. Maybe the razor could do with a touch up.

Razor: FaTip Grande OC
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger
Soap: Beecosmetics Anise & Cedrus
Brush: AP Shave Co Silksmoke Blach Handle
Aftershave:Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: No. 1

5E3A714D-398D-475D-A7A9-3FC6BAAC1DB8.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30mm
Saponificio Varesino - Manna di Sicilia
Lutz
Timor (2)
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol Antesol + Emulsion

Good shave today. The Lutz is a razor that is worth every single euro I paid for it. The Timor only makes it better. Have a good weekend!

Good morning Gentlemen

• Floid pre shave oil
  • Pannacrema Ebano
  • Omega 011842 Premium Boar 27mm
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • Sarah Größgen 6/8 half hollow, stropped on
  • Black Cordovan Strop
  • Hofigal Trilavanda
That's what I call an elegant straight razor.daumenh!
Without any bling-bling and therefore a classic beauty...

Hello Gentlemen
  • American Crew Ultra Gliding Oil
  • Pannacrema Ebano
  • Maseto Memphis 24mm finest
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • Wacker 1/4 hollow 11/16“, honed yesterday and stropped on
  • Leder-Tradition XXXL Double Strop Latigo / Nubuk
  • Mennen Skin Bracer US
BED27561-5DC3-4EC0-9116-1F241F8DA5F4.jpeg

Omega 80097,
Proraso Red,
Timeless Solid Bar scalloped 0.68,
Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel 2nd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB,
Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS.

SOTD_20191228.jpg

Brush and soap:
Omega 80097 and Proraso Red:
A simple turn this morning, which I've had in rotation for years: Omega 80097 with Proraso Red, yes chemical sandalwood with lots of clay. But it foams and shaves!
Blade and razor:
The Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel for the 2nd time used.
The blade from Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel does its job, not good, not bad, but middle of the road. The combination of the Timeless Solid Bar scalloped 0,68 with the Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel provides an acceptable shave, but by the grace of the Timeless.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Soap residue neutralized with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün. Then hydrate and care with the TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB, after which the Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS is the fragrance for the day. Short day.

Back