ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

December 6th - December 12th

Proraso white preshave
M-keramiek scuttle
Zenith boar
Cella shaving soap
Knockout razor, Voskhod #1
De vergulde hand alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Tabac as, De vergulde hand balsem

First shave with the knockout. People who say it is a great razor, are spot on. Two pass with some touch up and I'm cleanly shaven.

@Rudolf1 great looking grelot.

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle,
Calani Bay Rum,
Dscosmetic T7 316L SS titanium handle scraper,
Sputnik Vintage 1987 4th x,
Rebul Dark Spice,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Pinaud-Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum.

SOTD_20201208.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle and Calani Bay Rum:
This morning another out of book shave. Everything was right, starting with the foam produced with Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle from Calani Bay Rum. Firm and elastic Bay Rum foam.
Blade and razor:
The Sputnik Vintage 1987 used for the 4th time.
The Sputnik Vintage 1987 remains excellent on cut. A new razor, the Dscosmetic T7 316L SS with titanium handle, in which the Sputnik Vintage 1987 combined very well. This razor is really a top notch scraper. Not too effective, just a dot less, than my Game Changer, but it certainly does shave equally well. The T7 has an gap of 0,7 mm compared to the GC 0,84. Nice addition. The parts are also interchangeable, let's find out if that affects performance.
Result: BBS.
Finally: pleasant after the Calani Bay Rum Rebul Dark Spice, Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü and Pinaud-Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. Tomorrow such a turn again, but with the top plate of the Game Changer.

SOTD 20201208.
8DTojjM.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (red: pre-).
J&T® purpleheart / Oumo Brush synth.
Castle Forbes "Cedarwood and Sandalwood Essential Oils" shaving cream.
DSCosmetic DS-T.7 razor with Game Changer cap.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (1).
Proraso pre-shave cream (red: after-).
Terre d'Hermes EdP.
The parts of Game Changer and DSCosmetic appear to be interchangeable.
No differences in shaving, but less nice looking ... ;-)

Muhle Rocca V4 + Wizamet mesje
Semogue 2020 Shave Nook Boar Limited Edition brush
Suavecito Premium Whiskey Bar Soap (whiskey, cedar wood, lavender, jasmine and patchouli)
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atmotic Aftershave & Cologne (Aged Oak, Dogwood, Patchouli and Ginger)

IMG_3565.jpeg

Paladin Buck Rogers 26mm 2CSNL3 fan, Cobalt
Razomaster - Daichi
Krytyk (s)
Personna Injector (1)
Tunney

The Krytyk, that I used with a shim @Clouds made for me so injectorblades would fit, is an efficient, slightly aggressive razor, that delivered a BBS shave with one stroke down, one up. I'm impressed.

Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm,
TFS Corte Sabauda,
Dscosmetic T7 316L SS titanium handle,
Sputnik Vintage 1987 5th x,
PeReJa Lavender edc,
TFS Corte Sabauda ASB,
Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma.

SOTD_20201209.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm and TFS Corte Sabauda:
Time to untangle the Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm again. A disadvantage of horsehair brushes is, that the hairs are easily tangled and a harder feeling is created in the middle of the brush. The foaming of the TFS Corte Sabauda worked well and gives you a nice fragrant foam. Beautifully floral.
Blade and razor:
The Sputnik Vintage 1987 used for the 5th time.
The Sputnik Vintage 1987 reaches my 5 norm nicely, but think that the next turn (6) is the last one. Maybe that's because I tried the Dscosmetic T7 316L SS titanium handle with the top of the Game Changer and that feels like an R41 just not 2011, but absolutely 2013. The Sputnik Vintage 1987 is slightly less pressed on the bottom plate than with the original top plate, which makes it surprisingly effective. The second round the original top plate was back on and that's damn comfortable. Finest razor in the original configuration.
Finally: floral and fragrant finish with the PeReJa Lavender edc, TFS Corte Sabauda ASB and Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma. Totally good again in the end.

SvdD 20201209.
fgF2uul.jpg

Vintage kwast / Maggard synth.
Extro "Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium 2020" (44-100) scheerzeep.
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" greep.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless (2).
Extro "Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium 2020" (44-100) ASB.
Extro "Holland-Wetshavers-Belgium 2020" (44-100) EdT AS.

MWF Body lotion
M-keramiek scuttle
Zenith boar
Arko shaving stick in bowl
Knockout razor + Voskhod #2
De vergulde hand alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Biocura Man classic AS, De vergulde hand balsem

Another nice shave with the knockout. Two pass with some touchup. Not everybody in the house agrees with the use of the classic as. It is an aramis clone.

DD438037-628B-4A3E-AA2B-B6CC62D4E02F.jpeg

Shaving Soap/cream: Pino Silvestre
Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Fan Silvertip 2 bander

SE Razor: Feather Professional Artist Club DX
SE- Blade: Feather Professional SE

Aftershave: Pino Silvestre Classico
Aftershave balm: Pino Silvestre Classico
Eau de Toilette: Pino Silvestre Classico

SOTD
Razor - Newly acquired Ronson Safety Razor (Yipee!)
Blade - Vanderhagen DE modified to fit the razor (took me less than a minute using scotch tape to hold sides together and nippers to clip ends to fit).
Brush - Vintage Fuller brush
Soap - Newly acquired Fine Lavender Pour Homme
Alum block - Gentleman Jon
AS - Pinaud Clubman
Notes:
The Ronson with modified blade gave me a great shave. It’s a beautiful razor and DE blades can be easily modified to fit.
8C692A40-0D12-4B67-A040-9BA0AE4ED478.jpeg

Mühle Silvertip 3 band,
D.R. Harris Lavender,
Paradigm Diamondback,
Sputnik Vintage 1987 6th x,
PeReJa Lavender edc,
Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion,
L.T. Piver lotion Lavande.

SOTD_20201210.jpg

Brush and soap:
Mühle Silvertip 3 band and D.R. Harris Lavender:
It was all right again this morning. Despite the fog and cold outside, a vision of purple Provencal lavender fields in the bathroom. Foam beaten with the Mühle Silvertip 3 band of the D.R. Harris Lavender. This firm cream is just right for the somewhat floppy badger. Yet a nice fragrant bowl of foam.
Blade and razor:
The Sputnik Vintage 1987 for the 6th x used.
The Sputnik Vintage 1987 has a surprisingly smooth shave again. Thought yesterday it is at its end, but it flashes through the beard hairs again. Must be the quality of the Paradigm Diamondback, which makes the Sputnik Vintage 1987 do another round. Tomorrow apparently again.
Finally: with PeReJa Lavender edc, last bit of Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion, of which the tube now disappeared in the bin and L.T. Piver lotion Lavande finished.
Sweet dreams of real lavender fields.

Back