ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

DMT Combination Stone?

Paul

Hey guys,

Isn't there a DMT D8 F/E combination bench stone out there somewhere? I'm not finding one. Does duo' vs. diasharp matter?

Links would be appreciated. Thanks

Oh yeah, Welcome to Blake wherever he is :)

There are double-sided D6's (the 6" long Diasharps) and all Duosharps are double-sided (like the 8"x2 5/8" W8's) but no double-sided D8's (8"x3" Diasharps). Check the DMT website and see what you like most: http://www.dmtsharp.com/

Who's Blake, again?

I have an 8" DMT Duosharp C-F. 325 grit on one side, 600 grit on the other. DMt's Duosharp hones have holes. There's a F-E combination as well.
dmt_duosharp.jpg

I've done a lot of razor repairs on this one. Never found any adverse effect in the presence of the holes.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart,

Do you go from the 600, down stroke on glass, then go to town on the coticule?

Thanks,

Paul

richmondesi said:
Bart,

Do you go from the 600, down stroke on glass, then go to town on the coticule?

Thanks,

Paul

I only use the 600 if there's some kind of damage on the razor, or when I'm working on a very convexed bevel and the particular Coticule I'm using is not fast enough to correct the bevel after 15 minutes of work.
After the 600, I indeed perform a downstroke on glass and start on the Coticule. I know that it take about 2 sets of halfstrokes to undo that downstroke, so I generally don't even bother to check, but dive straight into Dilucot.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart said:
I only use the 600 if there's some kind of damage on the razor, or when I'm working on a very convexed bevel and the particular Coticule I'm using is not fast enough to correct the bevel after 15 minutes of work.
After the 600, I indeed perform a downstroke on glass and start on the Coticule. I know that it take about 2 sets of halfstrokes to undo that downstroke, so I generally don't even bother to check, but dive straight into Dilucot.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Great. Thanks! So you're able to shave arm hair off the 600. I wasn't sure about that. Very nice.

Yes, you even can shave arm hair coming off the 325 too. (might need to be broken in a bit).

Kind regards,
Bart.

Welcome Blake :thumbup:
I think its good you are not related to Paul
Bwhahahaha

Best wishes
And Welcome On Board
Ralfson (Dr)

i have the dmt 325/600, which bart recomended me. i will second that you can shave arm hair of both grits. i fiond a thew lighter strokes at the end thentest on arm hair and it works. .

gary

Back