ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Do you see what I see?

JimR

I thought you guys might find this interesting...

Ikeda Fine Tools

This is the ONLY place I've seen Belgian stones sold in Japan.

One thing I find interesting is that the big stones are HUGE. 200mmx90mm for the Coti, 200x100 BBW (!!!!).

The prices are high, but considering the likely small Japanese market not too high.

Just thought you guys might like to see that.

Nice... Except for the very top of the page where it says "woodturning & general woodworking", The rest comes up on my browser in Japanese.. and I am iliterste in japanese.

Are these for wood working tools (suggesting they may not be suitable for razors)?

Smythe said:
Are these for wood working tools (suggesting they may not be suitable for razors)?
I don't think so. Coticules are Coticules. There is no real difference between woodworking Coticules and shaving Coticules. But I think this store supplies to woodworkers.

Kind regards,
Bart.

Smythe said:
Nice... Except for the very top of the page where it says "woodturning & general woodworking", The rest comes up on my browser in Japanese.. and I am iliterste in japanese.

I would have translated, but honestly there's no information there--just a list of sizes and prices, and I thought the numbers wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Ikeda does supply mostly woodworking tools and supplies, but these are the only hones they list. I have to be honest, it seems a little strange to me--they ONLY sell imported Belgian hones, in a country that is probably the biggest source of natural AND artificial hones in the world.

**EDIT**
Actually, I did notice something strange. They list the BBW as best for Carbon and high speed steel, but the Coti is only good for carbon steel. What's up with that? Bart, any ideas?

Back